3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OGDX

Dec 5, 2017
View attachment 162536

I had the figure in the front adjusted with a smoothing modifier so certain body parts were deformed against the glass. Whilst the model mesh was deformed, when rendering those parts rendered partially black. This persisted, even when I made the glass wall invisible. Anyone have any ideas to rectify?

PS: In the image above I have moved the model backwards slightly and there is no mesh smoothing. :frown:
It seems you have avoided the problem by moving the model backwards, so maybe it's because initially tiny parts of her hands were actually inside the glass pane, which was probably why Iray fucked it up? See if you can pose the palms to be as flat/straight as possible, and make sure they're only pressed against the glass, not poking into it.
Also as for the render itself, great job with the characters and expressions. Perhaps if you could play around with the lighting a bit, you'll also be able to make the glass surface appear a little more realistic/visible.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This is the type of mystery that rather than forcing Daz to behave the way it should, I'd render two separate images, one for the woman pressed against the glass (with the glass invisible) and another with the scenery (glass and scenery with no woman) and then just lay the glass on top of her in Photoshop. This way I could control the glass layer's opacity better and increase/decrease the strength of the reflection as needed.
It seems you have avoided the problem by moving the model backwards, so maybe it's because initially tiny parts of her hands were actually inside the glass pane, which was probably why Iray fucked it up? See if you can pose the palms to be as flat/straight as possible, and make sure they're only pressed against the glass, not poking into it.
Thanks for the advice, however the issue I'm facing is making the figure with mesh smoothing render correctly. In the smaller image with the model only, she is the only visible asset in the scene and the only thing rendering. However those sections that are deformed by the interaction with the plane are not rendering correctly. If I move the character backwards or complete remove the plane that creates the deform effect, I just end up with the image I created earlier.

I was also planning to steam up sections of the glass as well, however if I can't achieve the initial pressed against the glass effect in Daz, I'm not really motivated to add these additional effects.

OGDX

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for the advice, however the issue I'm facing is making the figure with mesh smoothing render correctly. In the smaller image with the model only, she is the only visible asset in the scene and the only thing rendering. However those sections that are deformed by the interaction with the plane are not rendering correctly. If I move the character backwards or complete remove the plane that creates the deform effect, I just end up with the image I created earlier.

I was also planning to steam up sections of the glass as well, however if I can't achieve the initial pressed against the glass effect in Daz, I'm not really motivated to add these additional effects.
How's this for motivation? :closedeyesmile:
Brilliant work as always @lexx228

Reactions: lexx228

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I looked at the Tomb Raider tribute render I did a few weeks back and wanted to try and polish it up a bit, but ended up doing something different from what was intended. I said to myself, "What would happen if I stopped using sun-sky only and used dome and scene. Then I added a spotlight and this ended up being the result. Still got to work on the clothes clipping, but I like the result.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
AvaBattleReadyRerendered.jpg

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
I looked at the Tomb Raider tribute render I did a few weeks back and wanted to try and polish it up a bit, but ended up doing something different from what was intended. I said to myself, "What would happen if I stopped using sun-sky only and used dome and scene. Then I added a spotlight and this ended up being the result. Still got to work on the clothes clipping, but I like the result.

View attachment 162892
Awesome work! Love it!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Julia06c_1200.jpg

Well I managed to work out what was going wrong with the mesh smoothing. Essentially once the deformation exceeds a certain amount the overall character mesh breaks down and the surface has holes. If I deform the glutes beyond the above the skin tears. Effectively a bug in the Daz programming.

I have come up with a workaround where I apply a geoshell to the full figure and apply the figure surfaces textures to the geoshell. Then I change the original figure skin cutout opacity to zero (underlying double skin causes some issues if visible). I've already tested, however I'll let it render out and replace the image above.

Lex - love the neighbour window2 render, however from scanning I assume you have just posed the figure rather than utilising figure mesh smoothing?

Edit: Updated image above using geoshell method

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
View attachment 162913

Well I managed to work out what was going wrong with the mesh smoothing. Essentially once the deformation exceeds a certain amount the overall character mesh breaks down and the surface has holes. If I deform the glutes beyond the above the skin tears. Effectively a bug in the Daz programming.

I have come up with a workaround where I apply a geoshell to the full figure and apply the figure surfaces textures to the geoshell. Then I change the original figure skin cutout opacity to zero (underlying double skin causes some issues if visible). I've already tested, however I'll let it render out and replace the image above.

Lex - love the neighbour window2 render, however from scanning I assume you have just posed the figure rather than utilising figure mesh smoothing?
Great job glad you found a fix. I have found out Geoshells are your best friend in DAZ
Dare I say your sidechick

Reactions: Xavster and L☹VE

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
Yes ,you are right ,just the posing and the breast shapes.I have a couple of ideas on the subject, but it's late at night in "our Kingdom", so I'll try it tomorrow...
sorry my eng;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes