3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Switch to smooth shaded mode, and see if there is still a problem without the texture maps. If it is still there, then the problem is the geometry of a figure. So, you can consider-
1) Increasing the sub-division level of rendering. It may smooth out the sharp surface and shadows, of course.
2) Tweaking some morphs on the nose.

It's the geometry - did not try subdivision level because that is maybe to much for my PC. Tweaking the morphs did not help. I tried those I have and they are only a few where you can change the bridge and not the complete nose. What did help a little was to add a smooth modifier to nose and bridge. I tried to edit the wireframe and delete the offending polygones, but while trying to delete the polygones I marked DAZStudio consumed more and more memory until it crashed. The pic shows the differnce with the smoothing modifier. Left is the char out of the box and right with the modifier on the two nodes nose and bridge.
Test_nose.png

Reactions: OutOfAshes

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
It's the geometry - did not try subdivision level because that is maybe to much for my PC. Tweaking the morphs did not help. I tried those I have and they are only a few where you can change the bridge and not the complete nose. What did help a little was to add a smooth modifier to nose and bridge. I tried to edit the wireframe and delete the offending polygones, but while trying to delete the polygones I marked DAZStudio consumed more and more memory until it crashed. The pic shows the differnce with the smoothing modifier. Left is the char out of the box and right with the modifier on the two nodes nose and bridge.
View attachment 1272016
As far as I know, deleting the POLYGONS may make things worst in the future. As it is like the trademark for a genesis. On the other hand, changing the geometry is like making another generation/genesis. The idea with modifying the geometry in DAZ is quite limited. That is why if you try to reimport even the high-resolution obj (Exported by DAZ itself) via morph loader, DAZ will say "geometry didn't match", " Failed to load", etc. To be short, export the base obj (Not high-resolution), remove eyelashes and edit it in Blender or other modeling software, and import the edited one as morph using morph loader. If you use Zbrush, you can't use zremesher or something like that as it will change the geometry.

Dark Wolf7

Jun 1, 2018
Hey guys, I'm new here and i want to create render. Can anyone help me how to make it? Any tips on how to get started and stuff. I have no idea what to do. Thanks in advance.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes