3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
Did you use the plugin made by DAZ or the one made by the crew of Octane? I just wonder, I haven't used the DAZ one myself but ran only into little problems with the native Octane one(most of the time with Geoshells, b/c DAZ had integrated them poorly for the use with 3rd party software). I really wish I had a rig to play around with it. -.-
I've seen an engine comparison over at Blender Guru, where Octane wasn't that bad. But other engines, like Vray, started to pique my interesst.
Tried both and both sucked for me. I even reinstalled DAZStudio because I liked Octanes speed. It was just annoying. Did a render and everything was ok. Just moved the camera a little, changed a position of a char or asset for a few pixel because of clipping or something like that, restarted the same render and Octane zeroed the char and threw assets around. But not every time. If there would have been a way to find out why it happened I could have find a way to avoid that, but it was just random. And you couldn't undo the changes. Even for a short test render I had to save the scene to be sure work did not get lost. Octane was fast but disappointing for me.

Reactions: Techn0magier
Sep 16, 2019
I don't know about every woman on earth but my woman does love anal.
If done properly then it's as good as vaginal.
People that I've conversed with have been in favor as well.
So, I don't quite get where you are getting your numbers from.
100%. "If done properly" (y) . There's good anal where it's (initially) done gently with care and consideration, but then there's painal with some clumsy ass dickhead who just wants self gratification (which sounds like it might be op's only experience in the matter, if any). I spent most of my young(er) days as as a sailor and then a few years working in night clubs (and, without trying to sound like too much of a wanker, wasn't too bad of a looker, if I must say so myself :rolleyes:) so I think I can comfortably say I've sampled a bit of the demographic. There's a lot of women out there who think they wouldn't enjoy it but are pleasantly surprised once they actually try it and are lucky enough to share the moment with someone who does know the ins and outs (per se). I've also known women who love it and prefer it to vaginal. Personally, I think anal's far more intimate than vaginal and, with a bit pf practice (breaking in period) is way more intense for both parties. I :love: anal, it's just sitting down afterwards I have a problem with :ROFLMAO:.

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
Did you use the plugin made by DAZ or the one made by the crew of Octane? I just wonder, I haven't used the DAZ one myself but ran only into little problems with the native Octane one(most of the time with Geoshells, b/c DAZ had integrated them poorly for the use with 3rd party software). I really wish I had a rig to play around with it. -.-
I've seen an engine comparison over at Blender Guru, where Octane wasn't that bad. But other engines, like Vray, started to pique my interesst.
Am I the only one who stuck with Octane plugin? I could never go back to Iray. I'm on a 1080ti and all my renders take 30mins at most usually 10-15min. The worst part of Octane is the documentation/online tutorials and how unbelievably well hidden some features are.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Am I the only one who stuck with Octane plugin? I could never go back to Iray. I'm on a 1080ti and all my renders take 30mins at most usually 10-15min. The worst part of Octane is the documentation/online tutorials and how unbelievably well hidden some features are.
I really like Octane, but I think that DAZ is just a program that isn't fit to deal with Octane properly. That is, why I transitioned more and more over to blender in the past, and aim for the complete shift. The implementation of Iray inside DAZ is just badly executed. And the limitation to CUDA is nowadays nothing but a nuisance. Sadly the devs of DAZ are just too incompetent to bring DAZ bridges and plugins for other render engines back on track.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So here is the iray and the octane in the same post. Same scene, same lighting and camera settings, auto generated materials.

Iray
Siobhan 8.1 undies.png

Octane
Siobhan 8.1 undies_octane.png

I can safely say I much prefer the Iray result. Sure, Octane took 35 minutes while Iray took about 72 minutes, but the result is a lot better in my opinion and a big plus is that Iray doesn't freeze my pc when rendering, making it unusable for the render time.

That's not to shit on octane, I am pretty sure that people can make amazing images out of it. It's just not for me, when I want to quickly set up a render when I get back from work, while watching a movie or something. It needs a lot of tinkering.

For the most keen eyed, yes I used scene optimizer for the Octane render. Another con of the plugin. While Iray just..renders, Octane freezes and needs me to restart Daz if it goes above the vram available on my system. Which adds another 10-15 minutes to load the model etc. In the end, the tinkering needed with the odd freeze/crash/whathave you/the material generation etc, the total time spend (for me) is much more than the Iray render and with worse results.

One caveat, I absolutely adore the work it did on the render with the see-through dress on my first post here. But I had spent 3 days tinkering to get that result.

For reference, I'm talking about this one.
Siobhan 8.1.png

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
So here is the iray and the octane in the same post. Same scene, same lighting and camera settings, auto generated materials.

Iray
View attachment 1295910

Octane
View attachment 1295912

I can safely say I much prefer the Iray result. Sure, Octane took 35 minutes while Iray took about 72 minutes, but the result is a lot better in my opinion and a big plus is that Iray doesn't freeze my pc when rendering, making it unusable for the render time.

That's not to shit on octane, I am pretty sure that people can make amazing images out of it. It's just not for me, when I want to quickly set up a render when I get back from work, while watching a movie or something. It needs a lot of tinkering.

For the most keen eyed, yes I used scene optimizer for the Octane render. Another con of the plugin. While Iray just..renders, Octane freezes and needs me to restart Daz if it goes above the vram available on my system. Which adds another 10-15 minutes to load the model etc. In the end, the tinkering needed with the odd freeze/crash/whathave you/the material generation etc, the total time spend (for me) is much more than the Iray render and with worse results.

One caveat, I absolutely adore the work it did on the render with the see-through dress on my first post here. But I had spent 3 days tinkering to get that result.

For reference, I'm talking about this one.
View attachment 1295938
At least you tried seems I might be lucky with my system, lots tips for Octane I can but it seems you don't really have the time for it.
my last post is a 30min render with a volumetric light on a 1080ti

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes