3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Romalous

Sep 13, 2020
For me, 'better' is B, because this approach solves the problem with fewer resources. I just came across the fact that shells help on 1-2 characters, but when the characters are at least 3-4, plus with subdivision level 2-3 to display HD details - even a very powerful processor with 64 Gb RAM is not enough for such a scene. So the shell is fast, but a well-tuned skin shader is economical and 'better'.

DAZ render with some vignetting (no major postwork), no shell, only skin shader tuning with :
by what margin does Ram effect renders i have 16gb Ram im running an i7 and an RTX 2070 would a Ram upgrade make a difference in render speed

Helions

Dec 28, 2018
My second attempt at 3D rendering. Started to experiment with HDRI, 3-point lighting, and camera depth-of-field.

I don't like how she looks so unnatural, but I can't really put a finger on what I need to change. Suggestions and recommendations very welcome!

View attachment 1352220
"Wistful Regret", take 2.

Played around with eyes, mouth and neck position based on the really helpful suggestions by Willibrord and OldMoonSong. I think it's looking much better now! :)

Wistful Regret (Take 2).png

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
by what margin does Ram effect renders i have 16gb Ram im running an i7 and an RTX 2070 would a Ram upgrade make a difference in render speed
1. With more available RAM you you will get better performance from DAZ in all aspects, for example in the scene window where you do most of the work with poses, textures, props, hair and clothes pairing.

2. OptiX Prime Acceleration for my opinion saves 20-25% of rending time (on my 3950X 16 cores Ryzen 64Gb RAM). Turn it on in Render Settings tab:

4444.png
For i7 (4 or 8 cores) and 16 Gb RAM effect of OptiX should be less visible, but if you are not against to give DAZ all your available RAM (It will consume all, believe!), you can try.

3. With more available RAM your can render on CPU almost any complex scene. Yes, it is slower, then on GPU, but you will not have any real limitation for textures or models with GPU RAM 'overload' issue. Don't forget to include de-noising features, if you render on CPU, your will have a very good grain dumping even on 600-800 iterations with ~20-30% image official 'conversion':

222.png

Romalous

Sep 13, 2020
1. With more available RAM you you will get better performance from DAZ in all aspects, for example in the scene window where you do most of the work with poses, textures, props, hair and clothes pairing.

2. OptiX Prime Acceleration for my opinion saves 20-25% of rending time (on my 3950X 16 cores Ryzen 64Gb RAM). Turn it on in Render Settings tab:

For i7 (4 or 8 cores) and 16 Gb RAM effect of OptiX should be less visible, but if you are not against to give DAZ all your available RAM (It will consume all, believe!), you can try.

3. With more available RAM your can render on CPU almost any complex scene. Yes, it is slower, then on GPU, but you will not have any real limitation for textures or models with GPU RAM 'overload' issue. Don't forget to include de-noising features, if you render on CPU, your will have a very good grain dumping even on 600-800 iterations with ~20-30% image official 'conversion':
thank you i tend to use only HD characters and with some of the newer hairs my PC has a meltdown and becomes unresponsive this might help

Reactions: AlexStone

Virtual Merc

May 7, 2017
I get the feeling that the character's fingernails, hands and forearms have lost an important light-scattering effect? It just feels like they are too pale against the tone of the model's main body. Could this be an side effect of the LIE-preset tattoo?
was just a quick render to respond to a challenge, heavy desnoising is probably the reason.

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
was just a quick render to respond to a challenge, heavy desnoising is probably the reason.

611806cd982fe.jpg

By no means a nag, it's just that the eye clings to this effect: areas of skin that have more or less the same lighting look completely different, with the hands looking more like plastic. Although normally, the character's hands are usually more reddish in colour, as the capillaries are closer to the skin and there are no fatty layers in these areas. Well, unless the hands are totally frozen. ;)

I'd look specifically at the skin shaders, maybe an overlay or some of the SSS tint or Translucency parameters fell out somewhere.

Dark_Sytze

Mar 22, 2021

View attachment 1353150

View attachment 1353197
What kind of rendering times do you get with your CPU? I exclusively render on GPU, despite having a decent CPU (i9 9900K) and plenty of RAM. If it doesn't take ages compared to my 3070 I might consider it for some scenes. I have how NVidia reduced the VRAM on the newer cards, my 2080ti had a much nicer amount of VRAM available, 8GB is quite easy to fill with a simple scene.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes