3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Hey, Thank you!
I'm far from an expert and maybe others have better ways of doing things.
These renders took quite long as I used canvasses to render each group of people (but I do have a quick and dirty way below). So about two hours for me with a 1070 and 2070 running together. I did see that I could have shortened it a little as you don't see that much difference between 80% and 100% (at 95% convergence). And I have some issues with my PC at the moment that cost 10 - 20 minutes per image of render time easily where my pc sits idle and looks like it crashed (unable to move mouse) before the render starts.

I first rendered the background and already set the cameras. (make sure to lock all cameras you use in place or you will have a bad time.)
I made each group of models their own file. So to keep track of the overall composition I used a cylinder primitive to see where a group was. (though next time I'll use two of them One for the main body that blocks the camera and one larger that also encompasses all extremities

Now (two previous groups in this case):
View attachment 1481692
next time:
View attachment 1481724
To use canvasses to render the image I followed this thread.

As stated I do have a quick and dirty way that speeds up rendering to about a minute per render (excluding loading times for the scene)
you can use an HDRI of the background to light your scene to get a similar but slightly bland version of the scene. (Though you might be able to get a better result with tweaking the HDRI in photoshop).
I did a post about it long ago here. The issue with the ground I mentioned can be fixed by setting the ground to manual btw.(This has advantages when making animations as you can render a long animation in a couple of days rather than weeks)

With HDRI:
View attachment 1481736

With canvasses:
View attachment 1481737

I hope this answers your question a little and helps you make your own scene.

Yeah I only noticed the shadows missing when I was composing the images together. I used this technique for the first time have a few things to learn

Yes I used Krita in this case to compose the image.
There is , by Code66, where you can use your own figures, clothing & poses to make Billboards, I've not tried it yet, but you'll need the as well, for it to work. Worth giving it a try. Nice to see someone else who uses Krita, & thanks for explaining it so well.

Reactions: Balkazzaar

KingCorrosiv

Sep 12, 2021
Couldn't you catch the shadows on a canvas while rendering the billboards? One by one, then use the same technique to layer them in photoshop or your post editor of choice?
you could but from what i've found the canvasses don't really do much for render times unless you start removing stuff from the actual scene which can then screw with the way light or shadows are cast from/on the character you are rendering.

KingCorrosiv

Sep 12, 2021
Hey, Thank you!
I'm far from an expert and maybe others have better ways of doing things.
These renders took quite long as I used canvasses to render each group of people (but I do have a quick and dirty way below). So about two hours for me with a 1070 and 2070 running together. I did see that I could have shortened it a little as you don't see that much difference between 80% and 100% (at 95% convergence). And I have some issues with my PC at the moment that cost 10 - 20 minutes per image of render time easily where my pc sits idle and looks like it crashed (unable to move mouse) before the render starts.

I first rendered the background and already set the cameras. (make sure to lock all cameras you use in place or you will have a bad time.)
I made each group of models their own file. So to keep track of the overall composition I used a cylinder primitive to see where a group was. (though next time I'll use two of them One for the main body that blocks the camera and one larger that also encompasses all extremities

Now (two previous groups in this case):
View attachment 1481692
next time:
View attachment 1481724
To use canvasses to render the image I followed this thread.

As stated I do have a quick and dirty way that speeds up rendering to about a minute per render (excluding loading times for the scene)
you can use an HDRI of the background to light your scene to get a similar but slightly bland version of the scene. (Though you might be able to get a better result with tweaking the HDRI in photoshop).
I did a post about it long ago here. The issue with the ground I mentioned can be fixed by setting the ground to manual btw.(This has advantages when making animations as you can render a long animation in a couple of days rather than weeks)

With HDRI:
View attachment 1481736

With canvasses:
View attachment 1481737

I hope this answers your question a little and helps you make your own scene.

Yeah I only noticed the shadows missing when I was composing the images together. I used this technique for the first time have a few things to learn

Yes I used Krita in this case to compose the image.
yooooo thanks! i thought that the canvasses wouldn't really cut into rendering times as much since you still have to calculate all the lighting and shadows. that said another option might be to use the post denoiser. I of course don't know how many iterations you are running (I always run 15000 unless i use post denoiser in which i usually go for 5000 with post denoiser kicking in at 2500). This way you can get the same quality render with 75% of the render time shaved off

faibolx

Oct 18, 2019
hey, where are the vaginas ? is this a public version :unsure: ?
just kidding :LOL: . btw amazing piece of art.
well they are already showing it, maybe not so explicit because of the pose but they are there. Generally I make nude pinups since I'm not happy with the gens quality and it's out of my style. Thanks for your feedback

Reactions: PeraDrnda

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
There is , by Code66, where you can use your own figures, clothing & poses to make Billboards, I've not tried it yet, but you'll need the as well, for it to work. Worth giving it a try. Nice to see someone else who uses Krita, & thanks for explaining it so well.
I'll have a look at them but up until now I have not used billboards yes. The premade ones never were what I needed.

yooooo thanks! i thought that the canvasses wouldn't really cut into rendering times as much since you still have to calculate all the lighting and shadows. that said another option might be to use the post denoiser. I of course don't know how many iterations you are running (I always run 15000 unless i use post denoiser in which i usually go for 5000 with post denoiser kicking in at 2500). This way you can get the same quality render with 75% of the render time shaved off
I think I have it set at 15000 standard but I am quite sure these didn't get that far. They either timed out before that or finished rendering.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
It's a remnant of my past as a photographer. I felt that it serves the art in that case. :)
Ohhh, okay, maybe you might want to mention that sort of thing when you post. It's not a personal thing, but random 'untitled' artwork, posted here, does tend to 'twang my niggled nerve'.....To date, I think this must be the only site where 'random artwork', gets posted with no explanation of why or what inspired it....

Reactions: Moineau
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes