3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So, I formatted my laptop and lost all custom saved content. Except this one scene. People who were watching this thread about 3 months ago, might remember this render, the first Siobhan I made.

While in the process of rebuilding the final version, close as I can get to it, I decided to fix a couple of issues I had. Namely, bad skin and too strong vellus hair. Then I tightened up the DoF a bit to make it more interesting, rather than having everything into focus. Finally, for post, I took it on Photoshop and tried to emulate an old B&W camera with PTLens and Nik's. The resolution isn't correct, but the rest should be, namely ageing, photo plate, vignetting, barrel distortion, noise and some dirt. I wanted to add some light streaks as well, but turned out to be making the image look 'Too old and too erroded' which was not my intended result.

In the end, I think it turned out okay, at least a lot better than the crispy original version. If I redid it, I'd get the correct resolution from the get go, even if it'd mean days of rendering. Film has some insanely high resolution potential. 8k would be child's play compared to it. I know it's limited based on the film grain, but I'd have to do some research on it to get it correct before attempting such a render. And one other change would be the focal length, here I made it so it focuses on skin and nipple details, but it had the effect of turning the vellus hair into a subtle bokeh. I'd probably find a way to keep the vellus crisp if I did it again, possibly two renders and merge them into a double exposure image or something.

Anyways, wall of text over, I appreciate any feedback.

Siobhan.png

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Hi
I am a noob 3D Artist. Iam not sure if this is the right place to ask this (if it's not please direct me to the appropriat
I'm not expert myself, but look into deforce magnets and mesh grabber.
Look for Fit Control, for whichever Genesis figures your using, ie: Genesis 8 Bundles or Genesis 3 Bundles, also look for clothing that includes 'undress morhs' like most of Nirvy's output on Renderosity, or look thru the 'Asset Forum' here.

Once_Up

Aug 20, 2021
"Mother and Daughter" photoshoot #2 Bunny Set
(I try to downsample render so pls don't zoom in. :oops:)
PlayboyEdit.png
Do you guys have any other technique to render faster aside from downsampling, hiding the objects, AI denoiser, and buying a new rig (because of the crypto shit, VGA cards in my country are out of the stock, so this solution is pretty out of the picture for now.) I'm currently using GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB ram.

Last edited:

tomyboy06

Jul 31, 2017
View attachment 1520093
Do you guys have any other technique to render faster aside from downsampling, hiding the objects, AI denoiser, and buying a new rig (because of the crypto shit, VGA cards in my country are out of the stock, so this solution is pretty out of the picture for now.) I'm currently using GTX 1060 6GB, 16 GB ram.
You can still try this.
View attachment 74662

Overview:
Scene Optimizer is a set of tools which allow you to lower the memory required to develop your scenes and/or to speed up your renders. It gathers all the essential tools to lower the memory requirements of your scene, which can enable faster viewport manipulation and, in the case of Iray rendering, may enable you to use the GPU to render some scenes that didn't fit before optimization. That last point can result in a tremendous render time savings.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Developer:
SKU: 41479
Official Link:
Software: DAZ Studio 4.10

Included Assets/Models:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download
Mar 2019 Update: - - - - -
Older version: - - - - -

Big thanks to mika muu for the share!

View attachment 74663 View attachment 74664 View attachment 74665 View attachment 74666 View attachment 74667 View attachment 74668 View attachment 74669 View attachment 74670

• Red Heart
Reactions: bb888 and Once_Up

Seanthiar

Jun 18, 2020
View attachment 1520093
Scene Optimizer and Camera Optimizer are tools to reduce the load. But I would advice you to try to get a GTX1070 if possible. DAZ renders only pics with the GPU that fit in the GPU DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY. Anything that does not fit is rendered with the CPU. And the problem with the 1060 is that this model only supports 3GB dedicated memory and even with 1080p you reach 3GB easy. A 1060 with 3gb will be as fast as a 1060/6GB in DAZ and will switch to CPU rendering at the same size of pic. A GTX 1070(ti) supports max 8GB dedicated VRAM and scenes will more often fit into the memory of the GPU.
And BTW - you should get more RAM, too. 32GB or more. Because when you render the pic on CPU the pic and the apps running must fit in the RAM and using a swap file will often crash DAZ.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Once_Up and bb888
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes