3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
So, I started a project that will take me weeks if not months to complete and that's..lighting. I plan to make renders of different light setups (Silhouettes, butterfly, loop etc) with different light types (LED panels, diffusers, reflectors, spotlights etc) and at different distances, just to learn how light behaves in each case. And while I will use different poses every now and then, I'll be trying to keep them at least similar so the results are consistent and can work as a reference library of sorts. Changing poses between different setups is no problem, but I'll most likely be using the same pose in the same setup while changing distances/light types, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense.

This is the first render, done with my usual camera setup/emulation of an EOS 5DS R with a prime 85mm Sigma lens. Only thing I changed is the resolution because I simply can't be having a bunch of renders at 60mb each and 8k res.

First image is simply the black and white render, with a softbox just big enough to cover the render area at 50 kcd/m2 with an efficacy of 35 lm/w for a ~800W output.

Siobhan_silhouette_01_BW.png

As for this one, it's simply the one above, that I had some fun color grading. Because it can't all be about Watts and Lumens.

Siobhan_silhouette_01_neon.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the softbox is right up against her butt, and I do now, because this all makes no sense if I don't mention the distance between the subject and the light since that would greatly affect the end result.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes