3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Haven't posted in a while so I did a quick render of a new random character I started working on.
I was just experimenting with body proportions, trying to make a shorter character and this is what came out

View attachment 1553047

As I said it was just experimenting and I wasn't going for any specific look, but what do you think? Should I reduce her hips and legs? I feel like I might've made her too thicc, don't know.
She's not the type I like at all, but I do really love the render. As for your question, I think she looks fine as it is, if you made her hips and legs thinner, then she'd be too top heavy. Which..CAN happen, but is generally not the case. How did you change the height? Personally, I just scale the model on all axis but that's a hack and it's not really accurate. Also, what apartment is that? It looks really nice and potentially something I'd like to have as a background if/when I decide to move away from the solid color or gradient backgrounds.

And I know you didn't ask for it, your question was about the proportions, but one thing I'd change is the skin spec. Either by globally lowering it, or locally through the use of a spec map, if you have or want to create one. Especially on her right areola, the light should be a lot more diffused. This one is almost reflecting, almost as much as a normal eyeball should be. Could be wrong about it but it seems you have a rectangular light source in front of her, and I guess that simply by the glossiness/reflection on her right areola and left breast. That..shouldn't be possible, save for being covered in oil or something.

Last edited:

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Just the render output today. I don't have the time to hop on PS or Lightroom for post, plus I don't like this render much.

While I love how the light/shadows form the face and I like the pose, I don't like the hand pose at all and I'd need to somehow fix the stocking issue, most likely a smoothing problem and for some reason, the vellus hair in front of her hand are getting lit, which should not happen. Regardless, posting for posterity.

Siobhan_silhouette_04.png

NanoGames

Nov 24, 2020
She's not the type I like at all, but I do really love the render. As for your question, I think she looks fine as it is, if you made her hips and legs thinner, then she'd be too top heavy. Which..CAN happen, but is generally not the case. How did you change the height? Personally, I just scale the model on all axis but that's a hack and it's not really accurate. Also, what apartment is that? It looks really nice and potentially something I'd like to have as a background if/when I decide to move away from the solid color or gradient backgrounds.

And I know you didn't ask for it, your question was about the proportions, but one thing I'd change is the skin spec. Either by globally lowering it, or locally through the use of a spec map, if you have or want to create one. Especially on her right areola, the light should be a lot more diffused. This one is almost reflecting, almost as much as a normal eyeball should be. Could be wrong about it but it seems you have a rectangular light source in front of her, and I guess that simply by the glossiness/reflection on her right areola and left breast. That..shouldn't be possible, save for being covered in oil or something.
So the height in this case is a combination of scale and then individualy changing lenghts of torso, arms, legs etc. There're also height morhps that do the same thing.

The apartment is actually Pool House from stonemason, it's the interior area. Pretty empty but the floor material is nice

And yeah, turns out the skin has an oily geoshell applied because I was going to do a render in the pool area and forgot to remove it =P
Oh well, I still have to actually mess with the shader and textures anyway so I don't think I'll bother redoing the render

EDIT: I actually went ahead and fixed it, already reuploaded

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes