3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

mattocean

Oct 8, 2018
Hello,

I'am courious if it is possible to cut out parts from clothes? I mean if I want a hole between the legs and showing the body parts can I modify the clothing asset to make it open like ripped out?

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello,

I'am courious if it is possible to cut out parts from clothes? I mean if I want a hole between the legs and showing the body parts can I modify the clothing asset to make it open like ripped out?
You can use the geometry editor in DAZ to select a small section of the clothing and 'hide' those polygons. That is one way to do it.

Jul 14, 2018
Hello,

A cutout map.

The quick version being that you make a greyscale image, drawing white where you want it to be solid, black where you want it to be completely gone, and shades of grey where you want it transparent.

You can use the existing texture image as a template for where to do things.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Back on topic -

Happy New Year.png

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

There's even a free script by Mcasual to make this easier...

but that's only for geometric "base" shape cut outs

geometric editor will mostly look a bit weird cause you've to follow the edges of the geometry of the clothing piece

Last edited:
Reactions: mattocean

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Happy New Year 2022
We, the Inner Circle of the Society of Lust, wish you all a Happy New Year 2022!

Let’s be honest, 2021 was not much better than 2020. The last two years are just a long stretch of misery in many ways. We all can only hope that the future will be brighter, eventually.

Until then, please stay safe and protect your loved ones.

Out of lack of time, we only have a slightly altered rework of last year’s image this time — the reworking was only done in the post-working process, but we hope you can see the progress in skill.

In addition, AbyssalEros managed just in time an alternative version of the image, adding a hot-looking Tizia next to our Laura.

See you soon inside the Trinity-verse!

Your
Society of Lust

New Year 2022.jpg New Year 2022 (with Tizia).jpg

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Hello,

I just picked this up from the store yesterday as a freebie. Haven't used it yet but it does exactly what you are asking for:

2Pear

Apr 18, 2019
Hello,

Do you mean like this?
bloody.jpg
If so, I think you just adjust the cutout opacity in surfaces tab. Make a copy of the texture map, use a ripped cloth brush in Photoshop and paint the part you want to remove in black, load it into the cutout opacity setting in your clothing surfaces tab. The parts you painted in black should become invisible and you should see the skin. I did this render awhile a ago so I do not remember the whole process, but I think that is pretty much it. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
I feel like I made the second render worse in phototshop
Colors seem better in the second, edited image. Not that it was difficult to tell them apart before, but the pants/blanket are now more distinct, and the textures seem clearer.

I'd argue it's a better image.

So my question then is - what are you trying to accomplish, and why do you think your edits made it worse? What's your goal? What were you trying to do and believed you failed to do?

I'm not sure I can actually help you get better, but I'm seeing if you can articulate where you think you're failing so someone knows how to help you get better.

Reactions: Atton563
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes