3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Just starting out on Daz3D, and figuring out that my machine is far below the capabilities that I need for the quality I'm aiming for. (Don't ask, it's embarrassing....). This is just something I cooked up today, no post editing. I'll be looking into billboards and photoshopping in backgrounds possibly, because it gets VERY noisy when I try to render a scene. :) Enyo remake2.jpg

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
bg girls bedroom.png

I had to create a bedroom environment for two sisters who will be sharing a room. I used the Open Apartment bedroom as a base then stripped it. I then refurnished it with a bunk bed and associated furniture. I finished it off by adding books to the bookshelf and school stuff to the study table (notebook and calculator). The latter two were free Daz 3D downloads from last week. This rendered 100% in about 45 minutes. It is the background for a room that two sisters will be sharing in my upcoming VN.

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
View attachment 192568

I had to create a bedroom environment for two sisters who will be sharing a room. I used the Open Apartment bedroom as a base then stripped it. I then refurnished it with a bunk bed and associated furniture. I finished it off by adding books to the bookshelf and school stuff to the study table (notebook and calculator). The latter two were free Daz 3D downloads from last week. This rendered 100% in about 45 minutes. It is the background for a room that two sisters will be sharing in my upcoming VN.
Nice. But from this angle it looks like the ladder might block the lower drawers.

Reactions: Pogo58

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Nice. But from this angle it looks like the ladder might block the lower drawers.
It might look like it, but when viewing the scene from top down, there is at least a ladders-width of space between the ladder and the drawers, so that should allow enough room to open it and get things in and out.

Reactions: ravenhawk

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
View attachment 192568

I have to agree with ravenhawk on the chest of draws. Whilst it might be possible to open the draw, it is a rather odd place to locate it. There are some additional aspects that I suggest you address as below:
- The light sourcing is a little weird as light appears to be travelling through the right hand wall, to cast the shadow from the chair.
- To complete the scene I would also suggesting adding the following items.
* Desk lamp on the right had desk.
* Floor rug.
* Posters on the walls.
* A window would help, but you would need a HDRI or backdrop and it would significantly add to scene complexity.
* Also a fluffy toy would be a nice touch.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I have to agree with ravenhawk on the chest of draws. Whilst it might be possible to open the draw, it is a rather odd place to locate it. There are some additional aspects that I suggest you address as below:
- The light sourcing is a little weird as light appears to be travelling through the right hand wall, to cast the shadow from the chair.
- To complete the scene I would also suggesting adding the following items.
* Desk lamp on the right had desk.
* Floor rug.
* Posters on the walls.
* A window would help, but you would need a HDRI or backdrop and it would significantly add to scene complexity.
* Also a fluffy toy would be a nice touch.
I agree. Currently it looks more like a military bunker or such. When you design the scenery exclusive for the two girls, you could take their characters into acount, while decorating it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
View attachment 192714

An image / concept we made to test out and show off a new glass shattering technique we developed. 2,400 shards of glass total. How'd we do?
Nice work. Think I worked out how you achieved the effect, or at least how I could achieve the same.
- Have character orientated at 90 degrees to what is shown and have back on ground.
- Create a sheet / plane above the character and use dforce to mould around the character.
- Create a single glass shard and then use ultrascatter to instance the shard across the sheet.
- Rotate back to position above and hide the sheet / plane.

Reactions: Techn0magier

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
Hi guys,

I finished my last scene, so here after is the FINAL versions of "The Second Labor".

You don't need to like it again (since alot of you have already done it with the 2 WIP versions).... even if I am not against :p...

More seriously, I have a dilemma so I present you 2 versions of that scene. Would you mind to say which version is the best and give your critics about it ?

Thank you in advance.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Zairus

May 25, 2017
continuation of my research, now it's time for a dual lobe specular.
And image with dodge and burn and filters in post work.

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
Hi guys,

I finished my last scene, so here after is the FINAL versions of "The Second Labor".

You don't need to like it again (since alot of you have already done it with the 2 WIP versions).... even if I am not against :p...

More seriously, I have a dilemma so I present you 2 versions of that scene. Would you mind to say which version is the best and give your critics about it ?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not an expert, but to me the arterial spurt doesn't look strong enough. As to your question, I would say it depends on the target audience.

Reactions: mcmania

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
continuation of my research, now it's time for a dual lobe specular.
And image with dodge and burn and filters in post work.
Don't think that the image filters are adding much to your cause. The first image is really nice, however with the post work the 3rd image looks as if the character has suffered extensive bruising.

As a second item, I have attempted to create realistic droplets previously and failed miserably. How on earth did you create water droplets on the skin that are so convincing?

Reactions: Zairus

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
View attachment 192714

An image / concept we made to test out and show off a new glass shattering technique we developed. 2,400 shards of glass total. How'd we do?
You just had to use my favorite series as the theme! :p
Is that glass using the 2.5d effects? If you're going for a safety glass look it's great! If you wanted laminated, I'd suggest some larger pieces top and bottom, but it looks awesome regardless!

Zairus

May 25, 2017
Great scene, the version without blood is better in my opinion, it's like Ravenhawk says the blood looks a little strange and it's ammount not enough i think, it's a volumetric shader?

Zairus

May 25, 2017
Don't think that the image filters are adding much to your cause. The first image is really nice, however with the post work the 3rd image looks as if the character has suffered extensive bruising.

As a second item, I have attempted to create realistic droplets previously and failed miserably. How on earth did you create water droplets on the skin that are so convincing?
Haha) Yeah, probably you right, too much dodge and burn can destroy the image, and it's happened here, but still if you do something eventually you gonna get better in it. I didn't create them) I used geoshell with opacity textures from net and that product in Daz store, here

Reactions: Xavster

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
I'm not an expert, but to me the arterial spurt doesn't look strong enough. As to your question, I would say it depends on the target audience.

Great scene, the version without blood is better in my opinion, it's like Ravenhawk says the blood looks a little strange and it's ammount not enough i think, it's a volumetric shader?
I used rigged water spits and jet and applied a simple blood liquid shader to them to emulate the blood (the same shader used to the 2 iray decals used on the both images for the blood stain on the warrior and for blood pool in the lake)...

I will have to find a other means to emulate the arterial spurts....

Thank you for the review...

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
View attachment 192714

...this is just my opinion, but i don't think dForce is the best option when doing this kind of scenes! The glass is lacking that "explosive" effect that usually happens in a situation like this!
Apart that, everything nice!... :)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes