3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
I used rigged water spits and jet and applied a simple blood liquid shader to them to emulate the blood (the same shader used to the 2 iray decals used on the both images for the blood stain on the warrior and for blood pool in the lake)...

I will have to find a other means to emulate the arterial spurts....

Thank you for the review...
The spits and jet are probably the right tools, but the angle and volume appear to be off. It looks like its just pouring out of a low pressure pipe when it should be jetting out as if from a fire hose, only in pulses instead of a continuous stream.

Reactions: mcmania

BeWilder

Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
@Xavster @Enyos @Roman DeVil Cheers all for the nice feedback, and thanks to all who have liked the image too. I'd love to give a little rebuttable on your points, maybe get a lil chat going, but sadly I'm just the writer and sharer. Glad to see the pic inspired a little bit of thinkin' in y'all though. @AgentsOfHeels made it and he'll know more about what ti say if anything.

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
My continuation of skin shader research, basicaly every daz base model come with default sss crhomatic mod and base colour effect scatter only, and thats not how skin supposed to work, i have know about that for quite some time but i'm not working with ladies that often in daz and generation 3/8 in particular, and didn't tweak that much surfaces before.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This one is chromatic sss mode and scatter only with default presets of transcluency, transmitted colour and Measurement\scattering distance ammount of glossines and top coat weight are the same. And i change her top and use on it transcluency shader, it doesn't look that good in the end))
And a Filter for a little fun)
What do you guys think and what settings you prefer to use?
Holy shit thats realistic as hell. Amazing!!!

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I have to agree with ravenhawk on the chest of draws. Whilst it might be possible to open the draw, it is a rather odd place to locate it. There are some additional aspects that I suggest you address as below:
- The light sourcing is a little weird as light appears to be travelling through the right hand wall, to cast the shadow from the chair.
- To complete the scene I would also suggesting adding the following items.
* Desk lamp on the right had desk.
* Floor rug.
* Posters on the walls.
* A window would help, but you would need a HDRI or backdrop and it would significantly add to scene complexity.
* Also a fluffy toy would be a nice touch.
bg girls bedroom.png

One of the young women has asthma, so the rug is out. I moved my key light and fill light so that they were not casting the strange shadows, and tamped down the luminance so that the shadows being cast were not so hard. Since at least one is a college student, I also added books and such to the desk, a phone, and a water container to the dresser. Wall art, as well as a mirror was added. I also found a plushie to put on the bed :D. I hope this looks a little better.

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Boy... Adding in a scene kills the images in Iray renders... I tried this same model, pose and light with a photo studio, versus just a dome. The one without the scenery took half the time and still trumped the others quality by magnitudes. ouch!.jpg ouch!1.jpg
Yeah, I'll definitely have to add in scenery in post edit without a hardware upgrade, lol. Any tips on how to force it to render higher quality with scenes? It keeps quitting after ~2 hours.

Zairus

May 25, 2017
Boy... Adding in a scene kills the images in Iray renders... I tried this same model, pose and light with a photo studio, versus just a dome. The one without the scenery took half the time and still trumped the others quality by magnitudes.
Yeah, I'll definitely have to add in scenery in post edit without a hardware upgrade, lol. Any tips on how to force it to render higher quality with scenes? It keeps quitting after ~2 hours.
In Render settings tab -> editor -> Progressive rendering there is couple of options, i usualy use only two min samples/max samples so set min and max samples for example like 15000, you don't have to wait for all these samples to fully complete, just stop render when you okay with result, the only one moment here, probably when you gonna tweak min samples it would be locked to 5000, just click on gear wheel a little above and unmark Use limit option. Screenshot_52.png

Reactions: Namco15 and Enyos

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Boy... Adding in a scene kills the images in Iray renders... I tried this same model, pose and light with a photo studio, versus just a dome. The one without the scenery took half the time and still trumped the others quality by magnitudes. View attachment 193458 View attachment 193457
The trick to having it render quickly is to keep lights to a minimum and only include those props you require. I use the prop you have used above in order to do quick renders. The scene setup I use is detailed in the thread below. Most of the renders in the thread are using that scene / light setup.

Also if you are seeking higher quality, then render at a higher resolution and down-sample (reduce image size). Image convergence becomes far less important and you will get better results with a fraction of the iterations. Would suggest rendering at 3840 x 2160 and then reducing final image size to 1920 x 1080.

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
... Also if you are seeking higher quality, then render at a higher resolution and down-sample (reduce image size). Image convergence becomes far less important and you will get better results with a fraction of the iterations. Would suggest rendering at 3840 x 2160 and then reducing final image size to 1920 x 1080.
I don't want to play the smart ass here, but I would want to give some precisions/limitations about the technique you describe here.

What you explain is true if your rendering is linear meaning without engine optimization like the architectural sampler optimization (like explained on the nivida : "Also don’t be disappointed if the rendering after some dozen frames still looks more noisy than the “classic” version, most of the time the architectural sampler will catch up later-on.") that optimization occures later during the render (start between 30% and 60% of convergency) the same apply with the blooming effect that attenuates itself for the part that are less affected by the effect along the iterations.

Also depending the size you want to upsample the image the benefit could be tamed down by the increase in rendering time the increase of target pixels will cause. That point is more obvious if you render on CPU only like me...

Sorry to spoil your post, it is not my intention... I like the fact that you are the first to try to help newbies...

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I don't want to play the smart ass here, but I would want to give some precisions/limitations about the technique you describe here.

What you explain is true if your rendering is linear meaning without engine optimization like the architectural sampler optimization (like explained on the nivida : "Also don’t be disappointed if the rendering after some dozen frames still looks more noisy than the “classic” version, most of the time the architectural sampler will catch up later-on.") that optimization occures later during the render (start between 30% and 60% of convergency) the same apply with the blooming effect that attenuates itself for the part that are less affected by the effect along the iterations.

Also depending the size you want to upsample the image the benefit could be tamed down by the increase in rendering time the increase of target pixels will cause. That point is more obvious if you render on CPU only like me...

Sorry to spoil your post, it is not my intention... I like the fact that you are the first to try to help newbies...
Firstly, no worries at all in picking up something that I have said that may be in error. Still see myself as much in learning phase as teaching phase.

In terms of the architectural shader, is this something that is a setting is Daz or is it part of an nVidia update? Not sure how I am meant to take advantage of this feature.

In terms of rendering time and convergence, I would suggest that if you are limited or the hardware side, the lower the polygon count and the fewer the light sources the better. Also place a focus on surface textures and surface settings as they will deliver results without processing power. With simpler geometry and fewer light sources there are less calculations for the PC to undertake. Unfortunately the real world is complex and complicated light interactions will make it more real.

Reactions: mcmania

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Thank you all for the help! I was looking for the timer setting (default 2 hours) and found that with the assistance given here. :)

The rest seemed self explanatory. Iray tries to add in things not in the render for shadows and reflections that might affect the target image from off screen. All this has to be loaded and processed, so it adversely effects performance.
Also place a focus on surface textures and surface settings as they will deliver results without processing power.
Are you referring to that individual materials settings? Or the focus on the render settings itself? (I know photography, so the latter is self explanatory)

Reactions: Namco15 and Xavster

mcmania

Dec 4, 2016
Firstly, no worries at all in picking up something that I have said that may be in error. Still see myself as much in learning phase as teaching phase.

In terms of the architectural shader, is this something that is a setting is Daz or is it part of an nVidia update? Not sure how I am meant to take advantage of this feature.

In terms of rendering time and convergence, I would suggest that if you are limited or the hardware side, the lower the polygon count and the fewer the light sources the better. Also place a focus on surface textures and surface settings as they will deliver results without processing power. With simpler geometry and fewer light sources there are less calculations for the PC to undertake. Unfortunately the real world is complex and complicated light interactions will make it more real.
All the options that are under Render>Optimization (Max Path Lenght, Architectural Sampler & Caustic Sampler) are part of the Iray Engine, meaning that the value are directly given to the Nvidia Iray Engine, so Daz has nothing to do with those values.

The architectural sampler must be used for interior that are lighted by the exterior lighting, it is a way to compensate poor interior lighting (the link provided in my previous post explains the meaning and benefits of the architectural and caustic samplers: "On to the new architectural sampler where, again, the name already implies its main use: Architectural (indoor) visualization. In general, each scene that is mostly lit by indirect lighting can profit from this new mode.
One specific example would be a room that is illuminated by light sources placed in neighboring rooms or by outdoor lighting (such as the Sun & Sky model) shining through a small window. As the sampler introduces additional overhead and also only works well when a lot of iterations need to be spent on finalizing the picture, it should be avoided for rather simple scenes, or in general mostly directly lit scenes such as outdoor or design visualization. Also don’t be disappointed if the rendering after some dozen frames still looks more noisy than the “classic” version, most of the time the architectural sampler will catch up later-on. "
).

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes