3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
That message should not appear, it is because you have a single morph that uses the exact same label as another in your library. The log file will list the two morph files that have the identical line., The more errors you can eliminate the faster your models will load, up to a point. If you are collecting morphs the load times increase as DAZ has to load every single morph for that generation every single time you load a character. It is just the crappy way DAZ handles character morphs. If you want the load times to get back to normal get rid of the bulk of your morphs and stick to ones you use all time.

Some people say moving your entire library to an SSD will fix the slow loading times, but if you load hundreds of morphs for every character this is only a small bandage on a gushing wound.
Agreed. The best bet would be to eliminate morphs that are not really needed (which is most of them in my experience) AND maybe get an SSD as well, but definitely it's the morphs. Eliminating unnecessary morphs will probably solve the problem with the error messages as well.

I am very careful with installing new morphs and in fact, I need to go over my own installation and eliminate a few that were added as part of a package. If for no other reason than to reduce the amount of scrolling I have to do when searching for a morph I actually want.

Reactions: Balkazzaar

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
stupid question that made an update to daz 4.20
I lost everything and can't go back
what is this shit i really need help please

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Agreed. The best bet would be to eliminate morphs that are not really needed (which is most of them in my experience) AND maybe get an SSD as well, but definitely it's the morphs. Eliminating unnecessary morphs will probably solve the problem with the error messages as well.

I am very careful with installing new morphs and in fact, I need to go over my own installation and eliminate a few that were added as part of a package. If for no other reason than to reduce the amount of scrolling I have to do when searching for a morph I actually want.
I actually keep two libraries on my drive, one is basically just the Fan Art characters I work on plus environments, clothing, poses and expressions. The other library is basically everything else. When I use the second library it takes quite a while to load a Genesis 8 character, we are talking about 5 minutes to load, when I am done morphing and adjusting I create my single slider morph and move it to the slim library where the same model will load in less than one minute, Dressing, posing and placing in environments does very little to increase that load time.

At least that setup works for me, since I rarely use Smart Content, I don't need to move the database to SSD either, but that is also another way to help decrease the load times, even if it is only by a few seconds.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes