3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Base skin texture is heavily modified , normal maps are from .

I did do some skin tone correction, replaced nipples on all maps, manually (all the daz l.i.e. and utilities suck major ass) added soft tan lines, veins, smoothened the chest area so the textures don't get stretched out with the breasts and look smooth.

Lighting is very simple: HDRI from one of Papertiger's packs, think this one was Revolution pack at about 0.5 intensity + main spot light 50/50 disk geometry, neutral color and a rim pointlight. Really nothing fancy. Post-work was just simple curves adjustment layer to bring up midtones and highlights and color lookup table + added high pass filter for sharpening (in photoshop you duplicate the image, press ctrl shift u to desaturate, go to filters - other - high pass, select value to around when you see the edges, around 2 is usually fine and change blend mode to overlay.
Oh thanks, I actually haven't been using HDRI. I've been using ghost lights lol
Will totally be trying out these things next time I make something.
One more question: What outfit is that she's wearing? It looks nice.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Oh thanks, I actually haven't been using HDRI. I've been using ghost lights lol
Will totally be trying out these things next time I make something.
One more question: What outfit is that she's wearing? It looks nice.
Dress is this one. But It will wrap around the breasts. Here's what I did to avoid that: https://f95zone.to/threads/creating-universal-adjust-morph-for-big-breasts.112206/#post-7809261

I rarely use ghost lights, something about the final renders always seems wrong and they do tend to increase my render time significantly, but maybe I'm just using them wrong. My go to lighting is hdri through window (note that you can also rotate it around the X-axis, note just rotate around, because a lot of HDRIs have most light coming from an angle and most of it might not go through the window, and point lights + spot light. If I have some highly emissive material, like a phone screen, I render it out separately if I have the time.

Example:

Here I used HDRI tilted around the x axis to get some decent lighting into the car, one linear point light under the roof in the middle. Rendered it out. Then I hid all the lights (HDRI and the point light) and the care, made the phone's screen emissive, rendered it just that and put it over the original image with a screen blend mode in photoshop and adjusted opacity to my liking and then masked out the earring and hair a bit, because they were getting too greenish.

If you rendered it out all together, it would never look this good. That's why compositing the lights is such a powerful tool with daz.

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Great stuff, really! May I ask what dreadlock hair asset you used?
I am not one to call people out or care really. After all what matters is the art here. But these are not his, as I know at least two of those works and follow the people that made them. It is not the first time that has happened to this thread, but I didn't bother before.

As for your question, those dreadlocks are not an asset, it's a photograph that is manipulated.
is a link to the page of the artist that made the image with the dreadlocks, and an artist I really admire.
And is the artwork. Model for the photograph was Alena German and the photo was manipulated with Photoshop. the actual artist for those who care later on started adding Blender to his workflow as well. I follow him on ArtStation and this is just an example of his work, from 2017.

But even if I wasn't following this artist and a couple more whose work he posted here, it amuses me how he seems to think that we can't google, or know enough of the software we use daily to know that a genesis 3 asset, however good isn't going to reach the realism levels of this artwork.

Now I can do the same and post links to artstation people whose work he posted here as his own, but I'm confident that whoever cares can easily google the image and get the answer they want. But for now I suggest we enjoy the artwork he posts, while keeping in mind it's not HIS and if we like something, actually pop over on artstation and follow the original artist. It actually helps them out.

PS. I don't suppose asking him to mention the actual artists and give proper credit/source would help, right?
PS2. Even if most of those works, clearly have nothing to do with Daz, personally I like them here for inspiration, but that'd be up to the mods.

EDIT: The last Jinx is all over the internet. It's a cosplay and everyone and their mother have used those images to promote a Jinx costume. Example: .

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes