3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

5ickcycl3

May 22, 2020
your rendering quality has definitely improved in this latest series... what's changed?

i agree that we see often too much , better to leave to the imagination , no? ;) take care
Thank you. :)
Well, it is really just a different HDRI, nothing special.
I used this one - number 08 with cm^2 Factor dialed up to 1.40:

HDRI's are awesome for open, outdoor and single character renders.

Also, Super Curves Remastered morphs work really well. ;)

Reactions: doctormodulator

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
I'm lazy.
Speaking of lazy, do you have the morph for the clothes that lets the outfit rest over the breast and not cling to it. This one I don't have blender installed anymore and I'm also lazy and don't have the patience to try to figure out how to do it. Or is it not possible to use the same morph on another character and different clothing?

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Speaking of lazy, do you have the morph for the clothes that lets the outfit rest over the breast and not cling to it. This one I don't have blender installed anymore and I'm also lazy and don't have the patience to try to figure out how to do it. Or is it not possible to use the same morph on another character and different clothing?
They are full body morph specific. When you load clothing on the figure, all the morphs that figure's using will project onto clothes so it fits to the figure. The trick is basically to swap the projected morphs with morphs which will reshape the clothes in a way you want, in my case to not wrap around the breasts.

You can see it here, two fully body morphs, original one the figure is using and the second one I dial up on the clothes instead of the original one to get rid off the wrapping around the breasts.
Capture.JPG

3DHobbyMM

Feb 26, 2022
Why not just up the smoothing modifier on the article of clothing to eliminate the "shrink wrap" issues?
That takes seconds to do...

They are full body morph specific. When you load clothing on the figure, all the morphs that figure's using will project onto clothes so it fits to the figure. The trick is basically to swap the projected morphs with morphs which will reshape the clothes in a way you want, in my case to not wrap around the breasts.

You can see it here, two fully body morphs, original one the figure is using and the second one I dial up on the clothes instead of the original one to get rid off the wrapping around the breasts.
View attachment 1727158

Reactions: Night Hacker

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017

View attachment 1727158
Ahh I understand now! And I'm guessing it's not possible to do that in daz, I'd need to do it in another program like blender. I might have to look into getting blender then since the result of the morph makes the clothes look so much better when they sit like that.

InsertFreakyName

Donor
Jul 22, 2019
I am not one to call people out or care really. After all what matters is the art here. But these are not his, as I know at least two of those works and follow the people that made them. It is not the first time that has happened to this thread, but I didn't bother before.

As for your question, those dreadlocks are not an asset, it's a photograph that is manipulated.
is a link to the page of the artist that made the image with the dreadlocks, and an artist I really admire.
And is the artwork. Model for the photograph was Alena German and the photo was manipulated with Photoshop. the actual artist for those who care later on started adding Blender to his workflow as well. I follow him on ArtStation and this is just an example of his work, from 2017.

But even if I wasn't following this artist and a couple more whose work he posted here, it amuses me how he seems to think that we can't google, or know enough of the software we use daily to know that a genesis 3 asset, however good isn't going to reach the realism levels of this artwork.

Now I can do the same and post links to artstation people whose work he posted here as his own, but I'm confident that whoever cares can easily google the image and get the answer they want. But for now I suggest we enjoy the artwork he posts, while keeping in mind it's not HIS and if we like something, actually pop over on artstation and follow the original artist. It actually helps them out.

PS. I don't suppose asking him to mention the actual artists and give proper credit/source would help, right?
PS2. Even if most of those works, clearly have nothing to do with Daz, personally I like them here for inspiration, but that'd be up to the mods.

EDIT: The last Jinx is all over the internet. It's a cosplay and everyone and their mother have used those images to promote a Jinx costume. Example: .
He didn't use any. It's from 7GraphicsNSFW who used Th3Celtic/MajorGuardian model available on smutba.se.
Oh man, I guess if I hadn't been so lazy and checked the assets I probably would have found that can't be true too. :cautious: This is really disappointing. Well, at least atheran could light up my mood by showing me the great artist of th original images.

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Why not just up the smoothing modifier on the article of clothing to eliminate the "shrink wrap" issues?
That takes seconds to do...
Cause it would not solve the wrapping around breasts issue at all. Though it would probably make it look slightly less awful, but still it would be just a bump around the breasts.

I tried tons of assets and techniques to fix this, because most of my body morphs have huge breasts, but I've never gotten anywhere similar results like with this one. The only technique better in my opinion would be to create body specific morphs for each clothing item specifically, but I don't have time.

Example this, if I just increased smoothing modifier, would still go right around the breasts and then made a sharp turn as it would touch the stomach, instead of dropping right down.

Ozzymandiass

Dec 19, 2018
Cause it would not solve the wrapping around breasts issue at all. Though it would probably make it look slightly less awful, but still it would be just a bump around the breasts.

I tried tons of assets and techniques to fix this, because most of my body morphs have huge breasts, but I've never gotten anywhere similar results like with this one. The only technique better in my opinion would be to create body specific morphs for each clothing item specifically, but I don't have time.

Example this, if I just increased smoothing modifier, would still go right around the breasts and then made a sharp turn as it would touch the stomach, instead of dropping right down.
for this kind of problem i usualy use marvelous desiner to adjust the cloth to the body. it does not work very well with clothes with closure or belt.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes