3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Oh I really can't tell the difference. Okay stupid question time. How do I manually set the amount of iterations and what's the best time for the denoiser to activate? I know there won't be a perfect number for it but I honestly still have no idea what does what when it comes to all the render tabs.
This is my settings...

NIGHT HACKER RENDER SETTINGS.jpg

As for when to start iterations, I ran many tests, thinking that it would take longer if I started them too early. It doesn't. In fact, it goes just as fast, if not faster. I start right at the first iteration. It doesn't effect the quality at all as some have implied. I done renders where it waits until the last iteration, and I do renders where it starts at the first, and there is no difference in quality at all. BUT, if your video card is low on memory, starting at the first iteration (as I do) can help with that. I forget why, but all the images I post here have used the above settings.

I recommend trying out some tests of your own. Do one with denoising and my settings, and then try one without and a larger number of iterations then watch to see the time and quality difference (it's what I did, I wasted tons of time just testing with different settings).

Anyhow, it's "MAX SAMPLES" in the above setting image that sets how many it will do before it stops. And you can manually click "CANCEL" and save at anytime while it is rendering if it looks nice enough for you.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If you turn render quality off in the progressive rendering tab it will go to whatever iteration number you set.
It will only quit prematurely with render quality enabled if it reaches 95%+, which if it does, than you don't need it to do any more samples and so it is okay for it to quit. It rarely will quit before 200 samples, mainly on really small images (like a small head icon, which I have done).

Reactions: Rizo

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Greetings denizens of F95 i'm come to you today in great peril and beseach, thine...besheath thy...? I need your help!
1649134191951.png

I've noticed this problem occur a few times depending on the characters and the poses. This one's a genesis 8 male whose chest and torso looks like it wants to reenact that infamous hospital scene from The Thing movie.
If anyone could tell me how to fix this I would be eternally grateful. ヽ(;´Д`)ノ

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
OOF, lol

I've never had a problem quite like that, but maybe look in "currently used" under shaping? If there's nothing weird there, try zeroing the figure pose, then re-applying that sitting pose - does that fix it? Also expand the figure in the scene overview to see if there's any weird D-formers or anything.

Hard to say what exactly is going wrong without seeing what morphs/poses are applied to that figure (It may not even be something you applied yourself - I once downloaded a character with a buggy morph which defaulted to 100% on every G8F until I fixed its .duf file).

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes