3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
How do you get such good detail! Like there's no noise and the textures all look so good! I know you should use higher resolution assets but even that can only do so much. Seriously teach me! :KEK: Also finally got around to making a balcony shot. Think it came out okay. View attachment 1738519
I give the iteration its proper time based on the resolution and the shadows/darkness in the photo because I prefer not to use a denoiser tool. But the render takes more time, of course :)

uncleomf

Jul 3, 2021
I give the iteration its proper time based on the resolution and the shadows/darkness in the photo because I prefer not to use a denoiser tool. But the render takes more time, of course :)
How many iterations did it take to get that masterpiece?

Jennova21

Jan 3, 2022
test.png

My first shot at using Filament.

Filament could be really good, it lacks the realism of Iray, but with a little creative lighting I think it looks not too bad. For those working on VNs, Filament could save loads of time, but, and this is a big but, hair is such a pain to get right that it negates any time savings. Really wish Daz would get their act together and sort this out. The image above required a lot post work.

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Thanks, so you just set the iterations to a lot and let it cook until it looks okay to you then you stop it?
I am curious now, which pixel filter do you use, Gaussian, Mitchell and Lanczos etc. same question goes to other people in here. I know there's a difference but I don't know what it is.

KingCorrosiv

Sep 12, 2021
Thanks, so you just set the iterations to a lot and let it cook until it looks okay to you then you stop it?
I am curious now, which pixel filter do you use, Gaussian, Mitchell and Lanczos etc. same question goes to other people in here. I know there's a difference but I don't know what it is.
I personally mainly use Mitchell and set the filter to 0.8

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
I personally mainly use Mitchell and set the filter to 0.8
I also use Mitchell at 0.8 it gives a sharper result than the default values. (provided you get the focus spot on)
and for the Iterations I stick with a minimum of 7000 and just let it run to a 100%.
Below is one I did with those settings.
I never use denoising since that is a detail killer and then the choice of Mitchell at 0.8 would be undone.
Detective Linda (1).JPG

Atton563

Co-Developer of Elite Garden
Game Developer
Feb 22, 2019
I also use Mitchell at 0.8 it gives a sharper result than the default values. (provided you get the focus spot on)
and for the Iterations I stick with a minimum of 7000 and just let it run to a 100%.
Below is one I did with those settings.
I never use denoising since that is a detail killer and then the choice of Mitchell at 0.8 would be undone.
View attachment 1739690
I have pretty much the same but I turn the denoiser on for the last 100-200 iterations since the later it comes on the less detail is lost.

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
I have pretty much the same but I turn the denoiser on for the last 100-200 iterations since the later it comes on the less detail is lost.
I'm able to get the noise under control without denoiser even on darker scenes like example. So I opt to not use it at all.

Reactions: Rizo
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes