3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

SStyliss3D

Sep 7, 2016
To all the guys and girls here,try to find more Realistic Eyes,it will make your Render look better ;)
(no offense)

KingCorrosiv

Sep 12, 2021
I also use Mitchell at 0.8 it gives a sharper result than the default values. (provided you get the focus spot on)
and for the Iterations I stick with a minimum of 7000 and just let it run to a 100%.
Below is one I did with those settings.
I never use denoising since that is a detail killer and then the choice of Mitchell at 0.8 would be undone.
View attachment 1739690
Same except i use 10000 iterations for non VN renders and 5000 for VN renders (Time and quality balance)
Animations are the only things i use denoise for since you can't have a 180 frame animation with 5000 iterations each without having to render the thing for a week non stop. So i tend to use 300 iterations and start denoise at 280. It removes some detail sure but it doesn't butcher it. and with some tactical use of Lightroom you can even bring the detail back a bit.

X3rr4

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2018
Angel-Pete: "I don't think they can stop what's coming this time."

Mama-Earth-Hanna: "They might. They get their greatest strength from the same source as their greatest weakness, being only human."

Only Humans [feat. Hanna and Pete].jpg

And this is the song for it

Willibrordus

Feb 17, 2020
To all the guys and girls here,try to find more Realistic Eyes,it will make your Render look better ;)
(no offense)
We're open to more useful suggestions..
links to "better" assets than we use.
Names of Asset makers that create "better" ones than we use,
Examples of your "better" art than we make.
Whats wrong with these eyes in your opinion?
DB5 Villa Toscana.png

Last edited:

DrkPhoenix

May 12, 2018
Thanks, so you just set the iterations to a lot and let it cook until it looks okay to you then you stop it?
I am curious now, which pixel filter do you use, Gaussian, Mitchell and Lanczos etc. same question goes to other people in here. I know there's a difference but I don't know what it is.
I also use mitchell set at 0.80

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks, so you just set the iterations to a lot and let it cook until it looks okay to you then you stop it?
I am curious now, which pixel filter do you use, Gaussian, Mitchell and Lanczos etc. same question goes to other people in here. I know there's a difference but I don't know what it is.
I ran tests using those filters on other software (Irfanview) and saved different images and compared. In the end, i found the Gaussian filter to be the smoothest, uses more blurring resulting is less sharpening. I found Lanczos to result in really sharp images, too sharp as I found it also emphasized noise in the image as well. I found the Mitchell filter to be the best with a nice balance of sharpness, without overdoing it causing noise. So I tend to use it (Mitchell). And as I have stated in the past, I use the Denoiser in my filter settings as well as you don't need as many iterations (I find 200 iterations is enough with denoising) to create a nice image, and the image doesn't have that grainy noise which bugs me.

BUT, everyone is different. I have posted the following two images in the past to illustrate my point. You cannot tell which of these two images used denoising and which did not at a glance.
But one of these used denoising, with 200 iterations and took me 5 mins. The other one did not use denoising and took me 45 mins.... you tell me if it is worth waiting 40 extra mins? I don't think so....

Wanda_at_the_Beach 1.png

Wanda_at_the_Beach - 2.png

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
I ran tests using those filters on other software (Irfanview) and saved different images and compared. In the end, i found the Gaussian filter to be the smoothest, uses more blurring resulting is less sharpening. I found Lanczos to result in really sharp images, too sharp as I found it also emphasized noise in the image as well. I found the Mitchell filter to be the best with a nice balance of sharpness, without overdoing it causing noise. So I tend to use it (Mitchell). And as I have stated in the past, I use the Denoiser in my filter settings as well as you don't need as many iterations (I find 200 iterations is enough with denoising) to create a nice image, and the image doesn't have that grainy noise which bugs me.

BUT, everyone is different. I have posted the following two images in the past to illustrate my point. You cannot tell which of these two images used denoising and which did not at a glance.
But one of these used denoising, with 200 iterations and took me 5 mins. The other one did not use denoising and took me 45 mins.... you tell me if it is worth waiting 40 extra mins? I don't think so....

View attachment 1740322

View attachment 1740324
Both are beautiful...

Reactions: Night Hacker

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017

View attachment 1740322

View attachment 1740324
Oh I really can't tell the difference. Okay stupid question time. How do I manually set the amount of iterations and what's the best time for the denoiser to activate? I know there won't be a perfect number for it but I honestly still have no idea what does what when it comes to all the render tabs.

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes