3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
I've been wondering how opening mouth on models looked like and tried one of the most iconic image. I, for myself can say that i actually don't like how daz handles mouth rigs... I want your opinions too, how does it look? (Btw, the iconic image is from the american psycho.) View attachment 1754138

View attachment 1754139
It becomes even more confusing when you take into consideration that Genesis3, Genesis8 and Genesis8.1 have different rigs. And that some face shapes even influence the bones/morphs of the base figure. I have some character shapes, that behave very differently from the base model itself. Like the eyes turn in a different direction, or dimples on the cheeks are always overexaggerated and I have to use additional tools, like expression smoother to compensate for that.
To get an expression you have at least four ways to do so, depending on your base model. The morphs that are connected to several bones, the power pose tool, that works similar to morphs but manipulates several morphs at once, you can manipulate every bone as an individual or you can use the expression overlay for Genesis8 and Genesis8.1 models, which works as a more elaborated version of the power pose tool. And as a sprinkle on the top move, you can also throw the puppeteer tool in, as well, to mix several expressions.

All in all, I like this kind of experiment. It helps to understand how a given model behaves as well as certain shapes change this behaviour. Makes troubleshooting in later projects far easier.

• Wow
Reactions: ZaWarudo

leoneedos

Jul 8, 2020
As a test of DoF, very good, but, I think your lighting is too harsh & flat, it's taken all of the detail, & shine out of her hair. Hopefully you know what you did, so you don't make that mistake again.
Thanks for your reply! I was looking for the light for a more contrast picture (before post work). Yes, the studio light isn't the best thing for indore scenes.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes