3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
This conversation comes up over and over, plain and simple denoising removes image fidelity. The best thing to say is if you like it and it works for what you want to accomplish then fuck what anyone else says. As long as your happy with the render then go for it.

If you are looking for confirmation then you will get that here. A lot of people use short renders then denoise. Just post the images and don't tell anyone they are denoised and you will still get as many likes.
Denoiser is best used in scenes where there are sharp differences in lighting and part of the scene has either insufficient light or light reflected from other surfaces (such as light walls, ceilings, etc.). In the case of direct rays from the light source denoiser does not give much effect, which, by the way, can be seen in the test renders.

Noise reduction saves rendering time in exchange for its quality in small details. The visibility of such details always depends on the scene itself, the lighting setup and other parameters that are not always obvious. In general, details in shadows are more sensitive to noise reduction and give more artifacts, but Iray is usually powerless to give good averaging there at all, unless you set 20000+ iterations.

Reactions: DimS40 and holip00

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
View attachment 1774373
Rendered with light resolution at 1024 and no denoiser...

View attachment 1774377
and then with light resolution at 512 and denoiser on....

I can\'t spot any difference. What do you say?

To be honest, you need to think of the final use of your image, do you want to blow it up to an A1 or A0 sized print or even bigger, using a Denoiser for that will lose you detail & sharpness. Resulting in a blurred fuzzy image. If your only going for average 15 inch laptop screen sized images, you'll barely notice a difference. But, if you look at those images blown up beyond 500%, in something like Shoppe of Photo or Krita, you'll see the difference.

My bigger problem is why don't her feet sit on the ground, as that's a 'normal sized' sitting pose. P.S. so far all your replies are from those of us who rated quality over quantity....

Dabigoh

Mar 1, 2020
I've been having fun playing with lighting the last week or so. Sadly, I'm gonna have to get back to doing my day job and pretending that I enjoy spending time with my family, so this'll be my last for a little while....

Sunset.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Have a good week, ya filthy animals!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes