3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
Maybe this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of a good walkthrough for reinstalling Daz on a different drive? I had it installed on my C drive, but the size was becoming a bit of a problem. I would like to install it on my D drive, but even with the walkthroughs I've found it's still a mess. Files aren't loading properly, and I can't figure out exactly where I'm going wrong. I'm sure someone here has had the pleasure of trying to install on a different drive, so I'd love to hear how you got it to work.
This is the way it worked for me, but Daz is a fickle little bitch sometimes:

Copy your current My Daz 3D Library folder to wherever you want it.
In the Daz Content Library pane, right click the old My Daz 3D Library folder and click "remove base directory." That won't delete the folder, just removes it from Daz.
Right click Daz Studio Formats, choose "add a base directory" and point it to wherever you put the My Daz 3D Library folder.
That should be about it for getting Daz to see all your stuff.
You'll probably get prompted to manually find the files if you're trying to load old scenes though.

If you use Daz Install Manager, you can add the new folder under Advanced Settings -> Installation.
Click the plus icon in the bottom left and point it to where you moved your Library folder.
Then click the Content Path Shortcuts dropdown and choose the new path so it will install anything new to there.

I think that's it? If you Smart Content, I have no idea tbh. I gave up on trying to get that to work a while ago lol.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes