3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Maybe this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know of a good walkthrough for reinstalling Daz on a different drive? I had it installed on my C drive, but the size was becoming a bit of a problem. I would like to install it on my D drive, but even with the walkthroughs I've found it's still a mess. Files aren't loading properly, and I can't figure out exactly where I'm going wrong. I'm sure someone here has had the pleasure of trying to install on a different drive, so I'd love to hear how you got it to work.
It's been long enough that I cannot remember the Installation method (or options). But I DID foresee that problem. Installed DAZ on my SSD for speed - and all the addons to my partition/non SSD. I've begun throwing a ton of addons in there these last few months and I'm surprised how well and quickly it appears to retrieve that. Can't qualify any loss I might be seeing as a result of that HD/storage differential.

I basically set up a "mirror" folder for the "MY LIBRARY" on the HD with lots more space. And throw everything in there (spent a fair amount of time determining the file structure and encountered LOTS of issues there with some early/shitty addons/products). But now it's just simple cut and paste and it all loads quite effectively.

-To SUM UP: I did install DAZ on my SSD. All the "products" are thrown in another HD/partition. And there IS A WAY To tell DAZ how to point at that "outside access" storage but I do not remember how to go about that.

I can only tell you: it's definitely worth figuring out, cuz yeah - keep all that crap off your SSD!

Good luck.

You can double check your own destination 'paths' by backtracking from any ''working'' item, open Daz, click on an item & ''Browse to Location'', write down that location & use in DIM/Central/Whatever...

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes