3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Hey guys, im quite new to DAZ and i really like to mess around with it but sometimes it gets very frustrating since i do my render with a freaking Nvidia GT 1030. Anyway let me introduce you Adele, my sweet little princess. Despite being young and somewhat introverted she shows great elegance and manners.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Guys i need a little help, how can i get her eyes more vivid? In the current render her irises looks washed out atleast IMO.
So how can i fix this?

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Guys i need a little help, how can i get her eyes more vivid? In the current render her irises looks washed out atleast IMO.
So how can i fix this?
I think the eyes look quite natural and realistic.

There are tons of mods (assets) to change the eye shaders and materials, besides other eye textures of course. Example the shaders can just make the eye appearance more vivid in the final render without changing anything on the textures; Then there are replacements for the reflection effect, morphs, etc.

And there also is a simple trick to set a spotlight to something like "specular only", and place it near the camera in an angle so the eyes reflect it back into the camera. Check out Render Studio and Hi-Key Studio, they have good render-ready scenes with that so it's easier to understand.

edit: Since I'm just looking through various models, take care not to overdo it. The extra eye effects quickly look like dolls with glass eyes.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Jazz wants to play. Will you join her?

Changed her hair a bit as I was having issues with the braids. Also, doing more tonemapping in Daz and more post editing of the image. The tonemapping, especially gamma correction makes a big difference in the render. I was looking to make them pop and the gamma helps with the contrast and makes the image seem livelier I think.

Jazz Wants to Play.png

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
Yo Lexx, may I know the name of that robe asset please? And great work as always, brought me back to your DOD fanart days for some reason :D
i13 Silk robe(it is not very convenient to use, as like many products from this vendor:confused:but I'm just an old pirate and I can't complain:LOL:)

Reactions: OGDX

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
bg_david_mandy_pier.png

My first experiment using outdoor lighting, specifically DTHDR-Sunset-A. Since this was designed to show a western-facing beach at sunrise, I had to monkey with the dome orientation to get the light coming from the right place, and the dome resolution to back off the intensity of the lighting to match the light that would be coming from the sun just coming over the horizon. The final work to get the detail was opening up the shutter speed to 256. This was used in the first episode of my new game, .

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
bg_shanes_brings_liquor.png

Another render from my new game, . This scene is depicting one of the characters arriving at the MC's house after dark. In order to preserve the mood, only ambient lighting was used to light the scene. Point lights were set in all three lamps inside the apartment to cast the appropriate shadows (as well as bounce light off of the bottle she is carrying. Her face is illuminated by the overhead outdoor light (also lit by a point light, and set to 4500K, 50000.0 lumens) in order to add enough light and some warmth to her face. The porch light is bouncing off of the metal railing behind the character at the end of the patio (seen in the patio sliding door). Because of the dark nature of this, I increased the render time to 20 hours (I know, overkill) and let it render overnight. I usually will break apart an image like this to cut the render time, but I wanted the interplay between all of the light sources. It rendered fully during my sleep. As a side note, the Whiskey bottle was part of a nice set available free from shared over on Share CG.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hi , i using daz since 3 month now, trying some lighting to understand how it works.
If you have any tips i would take it .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The character model is very attractive as is the clothing selected, however the lighting setup and the background is letting you down a little. Based upon looking at the image alone and the reflections off the dress, you can tell the lighting is a pair of emissive spheres:
- White sphere behind and left of the camera
- Pink sphere behind and right of the camera

With the lighting setup, the contours of the face are not easily distinguishable. As some advice, look into the 3 point light setup, combined with a darker background. Essentially leave the white light where it is, move the pink light behind and right the character and create a lower intensity white light where the pink light was (perhaps positioned a little lower). Then substitute the background with a darker background or simply adjusts it's base colour. The advantage of this is that the character jumps out in the image and the back light (pink) serves to differentiate it from the dark background.

In terms of backgrounds there are many options. Essentially anything with some colour variation that is out of focus as a result of using depth of field on the camera will make the scene a little more interesting.

Reactions: Hansplast

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
This was my first render when starting Daz 2 months ago. Simple, with basic assets and nothing special, lol. 187027_test2.jpg
And this was my first (and still favorite) custom pose and model (based off of Aiko 8), after LOTS of tweaking.
I still knew nothing about lighting, lol. :) 213062_1545183545609.jpeg

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
View attachment 218401

My first experiment using outdoor lighting, specifically DTHDR-Sunset-A. Since this was designed to show a western-facing beach at sunrise, I had to monkey with the dome orientation to get the light coming from the right place, and the dome resolution to back off the intensity of the lighting to match the light that would be coming from the sun just coming over the horizon. The final work to get the detail was opening up the shutter speed to 256. This was used in the first episode of my new game, .
Great place for a wedding scene.

Reactions: Enyos
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes