3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thank you. Well, the foot is on the rule of thirds grid, and it's difficult to decide which to focus on when experimenting with aperture (F-Stop). On the other hand, you are correct since, judging by the photo's highlights and lens distortion, it would be more realistic, as in real-world cameras, if we gave it DOF as you suggested. If this is real life, I believe it was taken with an extremely open aperture, implying that there should be a lot of blur (DOF). Not to mention that we can acquire sharp focus that does not look like what they do with portrait lenses with tele lenses as well.
A really interesting effect is rendering two images, one with the focus on her face, the other with the focus on the foot and then, if you use them in RenPY, when you switch between images using a dissolve ("scene image.png with dissolve") it has the appearance of changing focus gradually that I always thought looked pretty kewl.

Anyhow, keep experimenting. I like your work.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
A really interesting effect is rendering two images, one with the focus on her face, the other with the focus on the foot and then, if you use them in RenPY, when you switch between images using a dissolve ("scene image.png with dissolve") it has the appearance of changing focus gradually that I always thought looked pretty kewl.

Anyhow, keep experimenting. I like your work.
Yes, you're right! Adding Matrix() and ATL will certainly increase the realism of the lens blur effect.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ntrvip

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
View attachment 1834903

Took a while to optimized this "scene" and fit it all on 8gigs of VRAM. 20 mins render and 5 mins in photoshop.

Now for the clothes.... well more work.
you can squeeze quite a lot of characters in by reusing as many texture maps as possible. i reuse everything but the diffuse maps. This way you can use both normals and bump on large numbers of characters without sacrificing texture quallity.

When it comes to geometry its mostly about picking the right hair and eyebrows and making sure they are on low subd.

I use Iray Memory Assistant to quickly see whats hogging resources. often times its something stupid like i set the eyebrows on high subd by mistake

could you explain a bit about the lighting, what was done in daz, what was done in post, maybe put a before and after ?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes