3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OGDX

Dec 5, 2017
Playing around with skin emmission and environment box.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Added a couple more alternative renders
Holy fuck Xavster. While I'm not too impressed with the model (of course that's just my opinion, you haven't made any mistake in particular as far as your skill is concerned), I gotta say, your work with the fog and use of limited but effective lighting in the renders is leagues ahead of anything I've seen from anyone else on this thread. I know how difficult it is to create atmosphere in Daz; I've tried repeatedly and failed, but you've done a fantastic job.
I think the next challenge, if I were in your shoes, would be to do either A) a slightly denser indoor scene, with the use of godrays coming in from some window/door etc, or B) a larger outdoor scene, with the environment actually being the 'money-maker' in the scene, and not the character(s).
If you're interested, you should check out the cinematic work of Roger Deakins in Blade Runner 2049 as inspiration. I'm attaching a couple of images below to show you what I'm talking about.
111251-660x276.jpg 4-future-noir.png
See if you can try something like this. Cheers and best of luck!

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
good evening everyone
I use golden place for sex but it's not terrible would there be other programe better?

please

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Holy fuck Xavster. While I'm not too impressed with the model (of course that's just my opinion, you haven't made any mistake in particular as far as your skill is concerned), I gotta say, your work with the fog and use of limited but effective lighting in the renders is leagues ahead of anything I've seen from anyone else on this thread. I know how difficult it is to create atmosphere in Daz; I've tried repeatedly and failed, but you've done a fantastic job.
I think the next challenge, if I were in your shoes, would be to do either A) a slightly denser indoor scene, with the use of godrays coming in from some window/door etc, or B) a larger outdoor scene, with the environment actually being the 'money-maker' in the scene, and not the character(s).
If you're interested, you should check out the cinematic work of Roger Deakins in Blade Runner 2049 as inspiration. I'm attaching a couple of images below to show you what I'm talking about.
View attachment 226343 View attachment 226344
See if you can try something like this. Cheers and best of luck!
Challenge accepted! :p

Thanks for the feedback on the renders. Was planning on going down the sci-fi route for my next series of renders and have been collecting a few assets to make it possible. The renders you have provided above aren't that technically difficult to create, however it does take an artistic eye (which I don't have) and plenty of render time.

In terms of the character model I used in the glow renders, what about it didn't you like? Was it the age / body type / tattoos or the quality of the character itself (morph / skin texture etc)?

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Currently got a bit of a thing going for petgirls.
Not 100% on this one but I didn't have my mouse so fuck it.

puppy_post.png
Why does everything get so much darker when I upload it? A lot of the subtelty in the contrast died as well :mad:

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Currently got a bit of a thing going for petgirls.
Not 100% on this one but I didn't have my mouse so fuck it.

Why does everything get so much darker when I upload it? A lot of the subtelty in the contrast died as well :mad:
The algorithm to downscale images seems to have a bias on darker pixels. That is also why most images have a much better contrast as thumbnail or in ~postcard size.

Maybe just increase the Film ISO (emulates more light-sensitive film, and reduces exposure accordingly).
edit: or higher Gamma of course

BTW - too freaky for my taste, but there's a very emotional expression and tangible depth and quality of the skin and body. Good and dark artwork.
Probably doesn't need to be brightened, unless there are actual details to show us ;)

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
The algorithm to downscale images seems to have a bias on darker pixels. That is also why most images have a much better contrast as thumbnail or in ~postcard size.

Maybe just increase the Film ISO (emulates more light-sensitive film).

BTW - too freaky for my taste, but there's a very emotional expression and tangible depth and quality of the skin and body. Good and dark artwork.
Probably doesn't need to be brightened, unless there are actual details to show us ;)
Might give that a shot, it's being problematic because I like pushing various skin colours but you really need to also crank the contrast for that to really work and then when it goes up things start to blend together.

I'm still trying to find the point at which this forum stops taking to images based on their freakishness, I get the feeling they'll stop before I do :LOL:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes