3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Just for shits and giggles I got one of the Stimuli animation sets. Never done an animation or anything like it before. Didn't change much, just applied all defaults. Rendered about 30 frames in 6 minutes at 720p, brought it into premiere and looped it a bit. obviously with proper background, better posing, lighting, etc. this would take way longer, but I just wanted to see what would happen. Also setting render quality to .25 helps a bunch I bet. I don't think it makes a huge difference for simple animations. I think this looks alright and 1 second in 6 minutes render time ain't bad. 10 seconds in an hour, not too shabby.

View attachment 226666
Just a cool and easy trick to speed renders, you can render the scene you want the animation to be in (like if it's on a bed in a room) and slip it in as a background (in the environment tab). Then the actual frames from the animation render significantly faster, along the order of about 28 frames per hour. This can be advantageous if you are using animations like those from Stimulate (puppy, missionary, wild ride) found on Renderosity, because rendering more frames gives you more variation in the resulting video.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
bg_shane_getting_ready.png

This is a low-light evening scene with my character getting ready for bed. Lighting was turned to scene only, and the only sources of light are the two lamps (with bulbs and shades set as emissive surfaces). I really wanted to get the shadowing effects from the lamps (the shadow from the chair, the shadow from the lamp on the back chest of drawers). In addition, this scene also has a "blanket" that was actually created from a plane primitive, with a surface added, then was dropped onto the bed using dForce simulation. The second image was playing with making another bed with a bedspread look crumpled up on the end of the bed, also using dForce simulation.

bg_MC_sex_bed_side.png

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Just a cool and easy trick to speed renders, you can render the scene you want the animation to be in (like if it's on a bed in a room) and slip it in as a background (in the environment tab). Then the actual frames from the animation render significantly faster, along the order of about 28 frames per hour. This can be advantageous if you are using animations like those from Stimulate (puppy, missionary, wild ride) found on Renderosity, because rendering more frames gives you more variation in the resulting video.
Yeah that's a good trick. I can also render out the background once and if the camera doesn't move just put that on it's own layer in premiere too. I'm not looking to get into animation right now, just wanted to try it out. Hell I have a hard enough time making still poses look good

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yeah that's a good trick. I can also render out the background once and if the camera doesn't move just put that on it's own layer in premiere too. I'm not looking to get into animation right now, just wanted to try it out. Hell I have a hard enough time making still poses look good
I am lazy thus far. I am using prebuilt animations, but using a pre-rendered background makes the creation of the frames much, much faster.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
After a LOOONG time I rendered something with DS.
I'm naming her Stacy. For now she pretty much looks the same as the original model, hair as well.
Also trying to play with textures (downsizing them) so I can fit them in the GPU
GTX 960 2GB
I stopped it at this:
2019-01-18 19_38_31.jpg

Stacy-Pole.png

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
NO - too much of the good - too strong beaten ...(n)(n)(n)
this is almost a glorification of violence:mad:
Ok...?

Apparently you feel very strongly about what I do to my Daz3D characters. I'm just trying to spread my wings here, not making a statement of any kind.
I actually like how those cane/whip marks came out but if it bothers you that much I can spoiler any future pics of that nature.

Reactions: Papa Ernie and pim0

pim0

daydreamer
Donor
Sep 20, 2018
Well, you are an artist - create pictures - but
pictures speak their own language.
and not everyone understands deviant art.
Remember, please - as an artist you control people and ideas ... that's your might...:devilish:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Well, you are an artist - create pictures - but
pictures speak their own language.
and not everyone understands deviant art.
Remember, please - as an artist you control people and ideas ... that's your might...:devilish:
I'm far from an artist.
I'm a noob playing around with tools that I don't understand and can't properly control. Sometimes it works out, sometimes things break and most of the time the result is a bit of both.

pim0

daydreamer
Donor
Sep 20, 2018
I'm far from an artist.
I'm a noob playing around with tools that I don't understand and can't properly control. Sometimes it works out, sometimes things break and most of the time the result is a bit of both.
is quite normal for the beginning - but your pictures live their own life and talk.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes