3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Interesting background, is that part of a set?
Urban Future 5 by Stonemason. It is a 3D set so you can shoot from many angles. I added in the police car, fog effect and character.

I also grabbed Urban Future 4, however it has been designed for daylight scenes. I plan however to convert it to being suitable for night scenes, by lighting all of the included objects with the suitable emissive surfaces.

Reactions: DownTheDrain

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Urban Future 5 by Stonemason. It is a 3D set so you can shoot from many angles. I added in the police car, fog effect and character.

I also grabbed Urban Future 4, however it has been designed for daylight scenes. I plan however to convert it to being suitable for night scenes, by lighting all of the included objects with the suitable emissive surfaces.
You could always just render night for day, similar to how studios shoot during the day and then just color it in post to make it look like night. Probably some of what you're going to be doing, but yeah you can get around the just for daylight bit.

Those sets are really cool and really heavy, but add so much to a scene.

Reactions: lexx228

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018

Speaking of UF 1-4, is there any way to make this work with manual install? There are no DUFs, and the PNGs don't show up in the content library. Even if you copy them to the Props folder.

edit: just gonna add this crappy sci-fi concept render, this is literally 30mins rendertime with all the emissive- and ghost lights

test01.png

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
My first impression was "Damn that looks Great!". But then it became obvious that the background out the window is totally skewed.
Because I gave more attention to the model rather than the background itself. I was testing some custom clothes made by @Archast
It's not an excuse because I could've blurred the background there or use a better background, but you have the reason explained above.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Speaking of UF 1-4, is there any way to make this work with manual install? There are no DUFs, and the PNGs don't show up in the content library. Even if you copy them to the Props folder.

edit: just gonna add this crappy sci-fi concept render, this is literally 30mins rendertime with all the emissive- and ghost lights

View attachment 227398
The earlier Urban Future assets are in Poser format. Hence you have to import the poser file (File\Import) that is for the city block (think pp2 format from memory). The city block file is located under the Runtime\Libraries\Props folder in your content library. I took a look at these earlier, didn't like them, so procured the Daz versions for UF4&5 from the store.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
8dsf5LkO.png Quick re-render of #7046 without respect for image composition, and just HDRI and 3P lights on the girl.
Classic anime material, orphan with her bodyguard.

The earlier Urban Future assets are in Poser format. Hence you have to import the poser file (File\Import) that is for the city block (think pp2 format from memory). The city block file is located under the Runtime\Libraries\Props folder in your content library. I took a look at these earlier, didn't like them, so procured the Daz versions for UF4&5 from the store.
Though the readme states that for DAZ, you should get a content entry under Props.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Though the readme states that for DAZ, you should get a content entry under Props.
There aren't any duf / daz files within the Urban Future Content Bundle on this site. You can still use the asset, however it takes a little more effort to load. On the UF4 asset I purchased there are additional files located in \My DAZ 3D Library\Props\Stonemason\UrbanFuture4 as below.
UF4.JPG

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
Quick re-render of #7046 without respect for image composition, and just HDRI and 3P lights on the girl.
little girls with blasters and their robots are not allowed to enter the beach,entrance only for Busty girls;)
version of the Urban Future is much more interesting, beautiful and logical

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
I just started using lightroom to do post work on my images, and since I'm trying to nail down color presets for all my scenes, I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the new vs original render. It's a night scene so should I darken it more? Maybe tone down the blue? What do you think?

Original
Original.jpg

Edited
Edit.jpg

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I just started using lightroom to do post work on my images, and since I'm trying to nail down color presets for all my scenes, I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the new vs original render. It's a night scene so should I darken it more? Maybe tone down the blue? What do you think?
Is there a particular reason for the blue, like a neon sign, or is it just meant to make the scene look more nightly without making it too dark?
I guess I'd prefer it somewhat darker and less blue but I don't know how much detail you'd lose that way.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Is there a particular reason for the blue, like a neon sign, or is it just meant to make the scene look more nightly without making it too dark?
I guess I'd prefer it somewhat darker and less blue but I don't know how much detail you'd lose that way.
There are blue lights on both sides of the characters, but I also wanna make a point of the colors being quite stylized, as well as being almost a character within the game itself. Basically, it's a cyberpunk game set in a city made up of 3 districts (and the outskirts), and the plan is for each district to have a certain color scheme to it. Blues and purples will be prominent in this particular district for example.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
There are blue lights on both sides of the characters, but I also wanna make a point of the colors being quite stylized, as well as being almost a character within the game itself. Basically. it's a cyberpunk game set in a city made up of 3 districts (and the outskirts), and the plan is for each district to have a certain color scheme to it. Blues and purples will be prominent in this particular district for example.
Oh, Cyberpunk. Ignore everything I said and turn that blue up to 11 then.
Color schemes for different locations sounds all kinds of awesome as well.

Reactions: Conviction07
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes