• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Killer Legs and Real Feet 2 (don't know for hands atm).

The Nipple Adjustment can only make them darker, and it doesn't affect any of the underlying maps. So even if you edit the diffusemap in photoshop, it never looks like the color you pick.
If you want pink nipples, take only the Light base texture and try a lower Translucency (maybe 25). Pick a pinkish or deep fleshy red translucency color.
Good to know, gonna give that a try right away.
I think I have Real Feet 2 but wasn't all that impressed with the result, even at 100%. I'm more looking for additional details than general shape.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I was intending on doing this on a private channel, however this was not possible due to settings / user profile. To everyone posting, I love your art as it is adding a new perspective. I gather inspiration from the artwork you submit.

Kaboomer69,

I appreciate your contribution to the F95 threads. You are relatively new to the community and do not have a F95 history, hence you may wish to pace yourself in terms of your critiques offered. As an "artist" I am always seeking to improve my skill, hence I encourage feedback. However when providing feedback you need to be conscious of the direct result on the recipient and tailor your advise to assist the improvement of their art. To have the recipient follow your advice, you need to demonstrate your ability to achieve the end result intended. I look forward to seeing what you are capable of producing and ask you to always extend your boundary's to do more than you think you are capable of.

Xavster

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
For the record, I welcome any and all advise regardless of skill level, personal preferences and current phase of the moon.
I'm a noob and I post in this thread to learn, not to have my ego massaged.

For a bunch of pirating pervs you guys have been really helpful and patient with me and I appreciate that a lot.

Reactions: Kendra Denimore

Oppai Auteur

Developer of Old Friends and Public Transport
Game Developer
Mar 26, 2018
Let these ones cook for a lot longer than I usually would for single character renders

Rendered at Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 for 800 iterations, the denoiser enabled, then downscale to 1080p in GIMP

Good Morning Alana

Good Morning Alana.png

Good Morning Veronica

Good Morning Veronica.png

Good Morning Chloe and Kana

Good Morning Chloe and Kana.png

Good Morning Lyla

Good Morning Lyla.png

Good Morning Allyson

Good Morning Allyson.png

Good Morning Min

Good Morning Min.png

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
mayhairexample.png

the hair is "May hair", but the hair from the back doesn't look entirely right to me? its not bad but its not perfect, sorta seems like a layer off the hair suddenly stops near the top. its just the default setting, so any ideas on fixing that or maybe it looks alright to everyone else?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@Loneshysoul

I don't have May hair in my collection, so I can't check the texture files, but sometimes you can substitute textures from other hairstyles, IF the textures have a similar 'box/map' layout. This can help soften and better define the edges if the 'default' texture is lacking in some regard. It's definitely a trial and error thing though, and is highly dependent on the layout of the textures in the texture maps.

In your example case, I'm guessing that the cutout opacity texture map could use a bit of help at the top 'feather' boundary, to help blend the edges better.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
@Loneshysoul

I don't have May hair in my collection, so I can't check the texture files, but sometimes you can substitute textures from other hairstyles, IF the textures have a similar 'box/map' layout. This can help soften and better define the edges if the 'default' texture is lacking in some regard. It's definitely a trial and error thing though, and is highly dependent on the layout of the textures in the texture maps.

In your example case, I'm guessing that the cutout opacity texture map could use a bit of help at the top 'feather' boundary, to help blend the edges better.
yeah I had a look in the texture area, there is 3 options

hair 1 which is front
hair 2 which is back
scalp which is large circle area at back , its this that is causing the problem am sure.

I forgot that May Hair isn't a G8 female hair, it looks great from front but sadly needs work at back, think I just change to something else.

probably easier to just change but blending edges is interesting, does seem the edges need to be softened but never done anything like that before, not sure where to start on that.

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
View attachment 228812

the hair is "May hair", but the hair from the back doesn't look entirely right to me? its not bad but its not perfect, sorta seems like a layer off the hair suddenly stops near the top. its just the default setting, so any ideas on fixing that or maybe it looks alright to everyone else?
That's "May Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)" correct?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
yeah I had a look in the texture area, there is 3 options

hair 1 which is front
hair 2 which is back
scalp which is large circle area at back , its this that is causing the problem am sure.

I forgot that May Hair isn't a G8 female hair, it looks great from front but sadly needs work at back, think I just change to something else.

probably easier to just change but blending edges is interesting, does seem the edges need to be softened but never done anything like that before, not sure where to start on that.
The scalp texture is generally underneath the hair, so I'd guess hair 2 would be the one to look at. Sometimes scalp is used 'on top' but in most cases it just hugs the scalp. In one case, I've seen the scalp texture subdivision used for a hair headband, and not the hair itself.

It's a SWAM product, and SWAM does tend to use similar layouts for various hairstyles (not all the same of course, but a given texture layout may be used over multiple SWAM hairstyles - sometimes the textures may be shared too).

Of course, if you aren't married to that hairstyle, and another one strikes your fancy, that's OK too.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
That's "May Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)" correct?
yes it is

The scalp texture is generally underneath the hair, so I'd guess hair 2 would be the one to look at. Sometimes scalp is used 'on top' but in most cases it just hugs the scalp. In one case, I've seen the scalp texture subdivision used for a hair headband, and not the hair itself.

It's a SWAM product, and SWAM does tend to use similar layouts for various hairstyles (not all the same of course, but a given texture layout may be used over multiple SWAM hairstyles - sometimes the textures may be shared too).

Of course, if you aren't married to that hairstyle, and another one strikes your fancy, that's OK too.
other colours seem fine, just lighter hair colours the scalp is more noticeable and its that which is causing the odd looking hair from back.

Managed to get scalp to blend in more by lowering Opacity strength from 100% to 0, as you can see in below shot

There is a couple of large strands of hair at top now that is a little bit of a issue, but might not be to bad.

thanks OhWee , I can either go with a darker colour of hair or just leave it as is , or change hair all together.

Reactions: OhWee

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Another basic G8 with Skin Builder because why not.
Tried a more petite and smooth build this time which went ok I guess. The look of the pubic hair kinda annoys me, but all the other options I've found so far are equally annoying. View attachment 228904
One trick that I use occasionally is to duplicate the hair nodes (so you have two of the same hair on the figure), rotate one node slightly (to offset the strands by a tiny amount), and then dial down the opacity on both a small bit. This was suggested by someone on the Daz forum, and it can make the hair look a bit better in some cases.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
One trick that I use occasionally is to duplicate the hair nodes (so you have two of the same hair on the figure), rotate one node slightly (to offset the strands by a tiny amount), and then dial down the opacity on both a small bit. This was suggested by someone on the Daz forum, and it can make the hair look a bit better in some cases.
Truth to be told that hair was something like 8k and I cut the maps in half to save render time. It's not much of an issue with just her in the picture but if I ever put her into an actual scene it would murder my old gpu.
I'll give that hair trick a try just to see how it looks though.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
@DownTheDrain

Don't be afraid to use different percentages for the opacity drop. Say one at 80% and the other at 70%, etc. This will make some strands a bit more prominent than others, which adds to the effect a bit when it works.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
@DownTheDrain

Don't be afraid to use different percentages for the opacity drop. Say one at 80% and the other at 70%, etc. This will make some strands a bit more prominent than others, which adds to the effect a bit when it works.
that double hair style might actually work for the two strands issue I have.

Reactions: zramcharan
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes