• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Attempting to work on a game and possibly using this model as the mc, going through expressions and hairstyles to see what each look like. May still tweak the body/face, any constructive input etc welcome.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think I like 2 and 7 the best. She's a bit thicker, but also has some muscle so looks to be in great shape. The hair in these I think work best as well and fit the shape best. For color, some kind of brunette or dark red I think works best.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
That said, I did some googling for lighting tips initially but it was kind of an ask 10 people and you get 11 different answers thing.
Apparently Iray Ghost Lights are the best option for older GPUs.
What I meant was, before using Skin Builder it might be good to use one of these HDRIs for lighting.
At first I really hated Skin Builder for the results, but eventually figured out that most of the lighting setups I used made everything look worse - while these HDRIs provide a better neutral color, yet give a very 3-dimensional impression of the body. And I strongly disagree with many default settings in Skin Builder ;)

On the topic of lighting methods, it's hard to say what is "the best". Emissive lights have a huge cost in render time, because so many light rays have to be traced from their surface which bounce across the scene.
HDRIs do the same, but only for a fraction of the cost as they are essentially just one global source around the scene which affects everything equally. Though they often don't suffice alone, and they usually don't properly reach through windows into interiors. Both the Film ISO and the Environment Intensity can work wonders though.
The classic studio lights (point/spot) can also be great, either alone or in combination with the above. Main problem can be what you also see e.g. on TV shows, that their sharp light can cast several shadows from body details which can ruin the whole image. Example if there are two shadows left and right from the nose.

The main question is, what type of scene you want to light, and in which style.

Wow she's sooooo cute. Bro you have some serious talent here, are you a real photographer?
Only a virtual photographer :) Thanks, love your comment.

In the recent decade I casually picked up the screenarcher business, mainly with Skyrim and Fallout ENB. And I only started using DAZ around 4-5 weeks ago, with the assets provided on F95zone and other sites it is a really fun and addictive hobby. Still trying to learn new things every day and mastering various techniques.

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
What I meant was, before using Skin Builder it might be good to use one of these HDRIs for lighting.
At first I really hated Skin Builder for the results, but eventually figured out that most of the lighting setups I used made everything look worse - while these HDRIs provide a better neutral color while giving a very 3-dimensional impression of the body. And I strongly disagree with many default settings in Skin Builder ;)

On the topic of lighting methods, it's hard to say what is "the best". Emissive lights have a huge cost in render time, because so many light rays have to be traced from their surface which bounce across the scene.
HDRIs do the same, but only for a fraction of the cost as they are essentially just one global source around the scene which affects everything equally. Though they often don't suffice alone, and they usually don't properly reach through windows into interiors. Both the Film ISO and the Environment Intensity can work wonders though.
The classic studio lights (point/spot) can also be great, either alone or in combination with the above. Main problem can be what you also see e.g. on TV shows, that their sharp light can cast several shadows from body details which can ruin the whole image. Example if there are two shadows left and right from the nose.

The main question is, what type of scene you want to light, and in which style.

Only a virtual photographer :) Thanks, love your comment.

In the recent decade I casually picked up the screenarcher business, mainly with Skyrim and Fallout ENB. And I only started using DAZ around 4-5 weeks ago, with the assets provided on F95zone and other sites it is a really fun and addictive hobby. Still trying to learn new things every day and mastering various techniques.
Well thats pretty much the same time i started using Daz and i absolutely agree on this being an addictive hobby. But while you, in this small fraction of time, got more or less the hang of it, i'm still very noob xD.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I hope it's okay to give some constructive suggestions?

Thanks for the comments. Many of the items you raised, I also spotted when I looked at the resultant render. I actually did an additional render with a light source above the camera to increase the character definition. Whilst you can see the characters better, I think it detracts from the ambience of the resultant image.

I am currently rendering an additional image from a different perspective and a multitude of other changes. Much better result than the original render, however I'll let you guys judge that in a couple hours.

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Thanks for the comments. Many of the items you raised, I also spotted when I looked at the resultant render. I actually did an additional render with a light source above the camera to increase the character definition. Whilst you can see the characters better, I think it detracts from the ambience of the resultant image.

I am currently rendering an additional image from a different perspective and a multitude of other changes. Much better result than the original render, however I'll let you guys judge that in a couple hours.
Yes, while we can now see the figures clearly, the image looks flat and not more photorealistic nor interesting. This is why filler lights near the camera are generally bad. I sometimes use the Headlamp for the final touch though with a really low intensity, like in the 0.05-0.10 range. With the "IG Photographers Toolbox 35mm" there also are gel and grid objects for the headlamp.

Well, I think I would try a selective light would coming from beyond the right screen edge, that both gives an outline to the guy and illuminate the girls from the side.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
No postwork but a question.
Fresh Air 01.png Fresh Air 02.png Fresh Air 03.png Fresh Air 04.png Fresh Air 05.png Fresh Air 11.png
I had some trouble with her pants, so I asked to take them off. It appears that there would be more issues with the morphs. Especially with the sitting poses. It seems that the Autofit-Tool get some mesh to bone conections wrong, between the clothes and the model. Does anyone knows f a manual conversion from G3 to G8 would work better? I'm lacy and I would rather like to avoid, to create new morphs from scratch in blender/hexagon.
Asset: Sport Outfit by Sparkman

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Fresh attempt on a not-so-muscular muscle girl, this time using only Skin Builder on a basic G8 female.
Turns out color adjustment on the nipples doesn't do a damn thing. Also, those veins on her arms didn't show up in iray preview at all, so yeah, gonna have to tone that down.

On a related note, anybody know if there is a G8 equivalent for Beauty Fingers and Toes?
Those vanilla feet are super bland.

beast beta.png

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Fresh attempt on a not-so-muscular muscle girl, this time using only Skin Builder on a basic G8 female.
Turns out color adjustment on the nipples doesn't do a damn thing. Also, those veins on her arms didn't show up in iray preview at all, so yeah, gonna have to tone that down.

On a related note, anybody know if there is a G8 equivalent for Beauty Fingers and Toes?
Those vanilla feet are super bland.

View attachment 228676
Killer Legs and Real Feet 2 (don't know for hands atm).

The Nipple Adjustment can only make them darker, and it doesn't affect any of the underlying maps. So even if you edit the diffusemap in photoshop, it never looks like the color you pick.
If you want pink nipples, take only the Light base texture and try a lower Translucency (maybe 25). Pick a pinkish or deep fleshy red translucency color.

Reactions: DownTheDrain
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes