• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
This didn't come out right. I kinda like the girl but hate everything else about it.

Lessons learned:
- Stay away from glass if you're using gradient lights and no background.
- Glass may also mirror things you don't want it to mirror. Fucking glass.
- I need to stop putting freckles on everyone.
- Someone gave the poor girl a wet butthole and I swear it wasn't me.

fucking glass.png

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Wait, what? Don't... why would you do that?
Let there be freckles!
Freckles
Freckles
Freckles
and even more FRECKLES!
I love them! Everybody loves them! Who doesn't love them?
STOP STOPING TO PUT FRECKLES NO EVERYONE!
Yup girls with freckles are one of the few things that makes life worth living :LOL:.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Karina.png

There are lots of options for pubic hair out there that don't suck. I used SF-Designs for a lot of my characters, including Shane from my current game. However, there is a free pubic hair set for G3 females by Laticis Imagery that also looks really nice. I used it on this model (Karina) who I did just for fun.

Even though the file says it is for G3 female, the above model is a G8 female, and it works just fine. The pubic hair probably works as well as it does because it is created using fibremesh, which gives really good results for all kinds of other hair, like beards and eyebrows. In fact, Laticis Imagery has a facial hair set for men available on Daz 3D at a really good sale (under $10) right now. The eyebrows on this one are also fibremesh, from the Molly HD model.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Wait, what? Don't... why would you do that?
Let there be freckles!
Freckles
Freckles
Freckles
and even more FRECKLES!
I love them! Everybody loves them! Who doesn't love them?
STOP STOPING TO PUT FRECKLES ON EVERYONE!
I know everyone loves freckles, I do too.
Which is why every single character I've created so far is freckled, so for the sake of variety I should probably try to get some other skin details working.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I know everyone loves freckles, I do too.
Which is why every single character I've created so far is freckled, so for the sake of variety I should probably try to get some other skin details working.
To be fair, the same goes for my chararacters too. Every single one of them has freckles as far as I remember, but I started to use my own freckles layer for LIE to get some variety and it helps a lot.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
To be fair, the same goes for my chararacters too. Every single one of them has freckles as far as I remember, but I started to use my own freckles layer for LIE to get some variety and it helps a lot.
I wouldn't know how to do a freckles layer, all my stuff is just Skin Builder and hope for the best.
To be fair, freckles are amazing to give a skin detail even at a distance. Blotches, veins and other minor imperfections just don't show up in anything but a face closeup unless you render at like ultra HD, which my gpu can't handle.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I wouldn't know how to do a freckles layer, all my stuff is just Skin Builder and hope for the best.
To be fair, freckles are amazing to give a skin detail even at a distance. Blotches, veins and other minor imperfections just don't show up in anything but a face closeup unless you render at like ultra HD, which my gpu can't handle.
Its actually quite easy to add a layer if you know how to:
In DAZ, select your model, go to the surface tab, select surfaces->face (or any other body part you want to add a layer to) and click the small image in "Base color".
In the list that pops up choose "Layered Image Editor" (LIE), the fourth from the top left.
In the new window click on the + sign and then "Add Layer".
Click, on the button next to "Resource" to add an image as overlay.
And that's it.

I made a psd with different freckle layers I'm using for that (it's basically just a lot of dot's) and I can get a ton of variations this way.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Decided to take a shot at realism using real world lighting so very interested in critiques and advice for this one, mainly concentrated on the background, there were some issues with the character render so I've had to do a post version as well, including both here. I know the bulbs not actually shining is an issue, I wanted to try setting up lights instead of using the emissives but it does throw things off.

With post work (the exposure is a little off in places):

munch_post.png

Without postwork (issues with transparent pixels on the character, not sure where that has come from):

munch.png

WillTylor

Creating "A Family Venture"
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
I 2 love freckles. Here is the mom from my soon to be finished vn, I noticed too late that her bangs don't match up with the rest of her hair. I've done all of my renders with her, and I'm not going to go back and do them all again! I'm not even sure how that happened.
StripperPole02.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I 2 love freckles. Here is the mom from my soon to be finished vn, I noticed too late that her bangs don't match up with the rest of her hair. I've done all of my renders with her, and I'm not going to go back and do them all again! I'm not even sure how that happened.
View attachment 229496
You could pretend that it's a wanted style :D

Reactions: WillTylor
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes