3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Decided to take a shot at realism using real world lighting so very interested in critiques and advice for this one, mainly concentrated on the background, there were some issues with the character render so I've had to do a post version as well, including both here. I know the bulbs not actually shining is an issue, I wanted to try setting up lights instead of using the emissives but it does throw things off.

With post work (the exposure is a little off in places):

View attachment 229455

Without postwork (issues with transparent pixels on the character, not sure where that has come from):

View attachment 229454
IRay don't like dark places, I got rid of those transparent pixels by using the noise filter as well as the fire fly filter. For good measure I also try, if downscaling an image helps, to get rid of leftovers.
About the lighting, I got good results by using and outdoor lightsource for scenes with windows and openings to places that lay outside the visible scene. Also a good advice is always don't touch the exposure slider on the tonemapping. Use the exposure triangle instead, to imitate realistic behavior of a camera. And maybe it is just me, but I cant see any lense distortion but straight lines. This is a plain give away for a CGI. Beside the missing light source and lense distortion, I like the outcome very much.

P_S_Y_C_H_O

therappist
Game Developer
Sep 3, 2018
The firefly filter is in the render panel of DAZ studio, under filters.
I can see it was always on, but looks like didn't do anything for some reason. Maybe there is some tweaking to be done?
Nominal luminance? Noise degrain filtering?

Jim.Satyr

Jim
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 9, 2018
I 2 love freckles. Here is the mom from my soon to be finished vn, I noticed too late that her bangs don't match up with the rest of her hair. I've done all of my renders with her, and I'm not going to go back and do them all again! I'm not even sure how that happened.
View attachment 229496
Interesting what kind of game are you developing, I can spot some ntr?

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
karina_on_bed.png

This is Karina, a new model I created just for fun. She may end up in a project sometime in the future. This is using the fibermesh eyebrows from Molly HD and fibermesh pubic hair available for free at Deviant Art by . When I originally created this model, even though I ramped up the pale slider in Skin Builder, it went really swarthy on me anyway, so this time I cranked it up to 80% pale to get a more pale character. This is an evening scene in the bedroom, with room lighting. In order to light up the front of my character but not to harshly, I used a single plane primitive behind the camera, 2 yds. with emissive lighting, and set the color temperature to 4500 to keep the lighting warm. I was using a preset pose so I had to monkey around with the character's posing to get her butt, leg and foot firmly planted on the bed. Additional details that are in the character (added in Skin Builder) are light freckles on both her face and body, and acne on her cheeks.

The top comforter is crumpled up behind and to the left of the character. This was accomplished by pulling the bedspread off the bed, setting the object geometry to dforce Dynamic Surface, then dropping it at an angle near the end of the bed to provide the crumpled effect using a dforce Simulation. The lamp in the back was also set to emissive lighting. This scene was taking forever to render the first time around, so I ran it through Scene Optimizer to reduce the resolution maps. After that change, and after setting Daz 3D rendering to 10,000 samples and four hours max render time, the render tapped out at 10,000 samples in just over one hour and fifty minutes. This is using all 16 of my CPU cores plus my NVIDIA 760 GTX card (yes, I know, ancient and slow).

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Was hesitant to try out the new Lollipop model, as it didn't seem "right", but then found out it has an "adult" version so I had to give it a shot. I was very pleased to find that the artist had done a wonderful job sculpting the body, although idk what happened when making the skin... Lollypop1nobloom.png I threw on another skin, and was pleased with the result. :) Lollypop2nobloomedit.png So I decided to put together a little montage of her taking a jog through the park. The only workout clothes I had at the time, but that'll be fixed in the future. ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Was hesitant to try out the new Lollipop model, as it didn't seem "right", but then found out it has an "adult" version so I had to give it a shot. I was very pleased to find that the artist had done a wonderful job sculpting the body, although idk what happened when making the skin... View attachment 229622 I threw on another skin, and was pleased with the result. :) View attachment 229623 So I decided to put together a little montage of her taking a jog through the park. The only workout clothes I had at the time, but that'll be fixed in the future. ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The skin is really weird, it's like it expects a very specific amount of light to actual function, it's really annoying.

Reactions: Enyos

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
The skin is really weird, it's like it expects a very specific amount of light to actual function, it's really annoying.
I get that effect with pale yellow skin using Skin Builder. Almost to the point where I have given up on certain Asian skin tones

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes