3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Coral's Dream

Aug 30, 2022
Nightblue As Your Eyes | Aska & Dr. Diana Fischer

Aska: One day when our task is done, we'll take our leave and go...
Diana: Aaah... I love when your words reflect the Heaven's nights in your eyes, Aska.
View attachment 2053495

P.S. Hi folks. I've been reading up on what's been going on since the last time we've shared anything. All I'm seeing is the post or no post discussions and comments left and right. We don't like postwork too. Never used any in our renders. It's not just that we don't like it but we like the challenge of it. So yeah... There is that... Anyway, have fun and enjoy <3
- Raven
Oh my God!
You are one of my favorite artists in this forum thread. And I still cannot believe this render has no postwork! (*jealousy intensifies*)
Oh gosh... That lighting... Teach me, master :)
I was confident enough to say that my beloved character Coral's beauty is above average, but here, look at Diana!
I guess the audience here deserve more renders of her!
And the chemistry of this duo...

Anyway, I don't wanna talk too much, but as an experienced observer, I'd like to point out some similarities which make me feel that I am on the right track in this field:
- I use the same hair as Diana.
- That necklace of hers... I don't remember the name of the asset, but, it is so elegant.
- I guess you also use body chains asset for Aska, right? I also love it and have used in one of my renders^^

Thank you for showing us such talent. I'm your follower.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
More experiments with lighting, render settings and the usual expressions. I learned a little more about subdivisions. I already knew what they did from Blender, but I guess in Daz, if you have a character that has a higher quality skin texture, it will kick in when you set a higher subdivision for your character. I don't think EJ Adora has that, but I wanted to mess with them anyhow. Higher subdivisions will increase the resolution, smoothing, details a little (also exponentially increases your GPU memory requirements, so be careful). This time I turned a pile of render settings on I normally don't use just for shits and giggles and turned off denoising (*audible gasp*), turn on SSIM, whatever that is, set the render quality to 100% etc... done some three point lighting... also had a problem with black spots in her eyes (see my last closeup render), I fixed that. I guess it's a strange, unfixed bug with Daz... turned Optimization to SPEED which helps with it, but didn't fix it 100%, then moved her closer to the center of the scene, X = 0, Z = 0 (or close to it) which effects the black spots that can appear. The further away from center you are, the more they can appear, that fixed it anyhow... anyhow... yeah, rambling on now, but lots of experiementing and as usual, I like to create and save expressions (I'll attach this one below, done a custom render for the icon for it as well)...
Sophia HQ2.jpg

View attachment G3F_Smirk2.7z

Feb 11, 2022
Oh my God!
You are one of my favorite artists in this forum thread. And I still cannot believe this render has no postwork! (*jealousy intensifies*)
Oh gosh... That lighting... Teach me, master :)
I was confident enough to say that my beloved character Coral's beauty is above average, but here, look at Diana!
I guess the audience here deserve more renders of her!
And the chemistry of this duo...

Anyway, I don't wanna talk too much, but as an experienced observer, I'd like to point out some similarities which make me feel that I am on the right track in this field:
- I use the same hair as Diana.
- That necklace of hers... I don't remember the name of the asset, but, it is so elegant.
- I guess you also use body chains asset for Aska, right? I also love it and have used in one of my renders^^

Thank you for showing us such talent. I'm your follower.
Raven: Wow... I mean... Just wow... I seriously wasn't expecting a comment like that, luv... Literally brought tears to my eyes... Well, tear... A single one but it was a big drop, hahhaha...

All the joking aside, I'm so happy. Super happy that you like my lighting and all the praises... I'd have to say, you are definitely a talented newcomer (don't get me wrong, you said that first, haha...) and judging by the stuff you've shared so far, you have a great understanding of color, camera and lighting yourself.

As I've already mentioned in a previous message, I don't like doing postwork, and to be perfectly honest with you, most of the stuff people try to achieve with photoshop or lightroom or whatever, can in fact be achieved in DAZ itself with some clever lighting tricks and camera placement. If you ask my opinion, it actually looks better and more natural if you achieve those effects in DAZ anyway. About the chemistry and similarities, that's... Well... Not my place to talk so, I'll leave that to the gals. Again, thank you so much luv <3 Hope to see more from you as well. Can't wait to see what more can you achieve with your beautiful Coral... You know what, tell her that I say hi... (seriously, is she available? does she have a friend? hahhahaha)

See'ya 'round luv <3

Dr. Diana Fischer: I wish you'd see me when I was younger :) Thank you for your kind words. Say hi to Coral from me, as well. We have the same hair style, however, she maintains her young and fresh aura with it. Lastly, I humbly suggest you not to praise me that much, since I have a jealous lover. I don't want my purple budgie Aska to get mad at anybody. Good luck!

DataMining

Sep 26, 2020
More experiments with lighting, render settings and the usual expressions. I learned a little more about subdivisions.....
View attachment 2055144
Subdivisions in DAZ work just like in any other 3D suite really and adds no additional detail to the model unless you are using a PA's or DAZ HD morph OR are using a displacement map. Ofc by subdiv you smooth out any obj as curves will now be less jaggy and so on (more points). As you said though, be careful with going high subdiv as it becomes extremely GPU expensive quickly.
Keep up the good work ;)

YS002.jpg

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Raven: Wow... I mean... Just wow... I seriously wasn't expecting a comment like that, luv... Literally brought tears to my eyes... Well, tear... A single one but it was a big drop, hahhaha...

All the joking aside, I'm so happy. Super happy that you like my lighting and all the praises... I'd have to say, you are definitely a talented newcomer (don't get me wrong, you said that first, haha...) and judging by the stuff you've shared so far, you have a great understanding of color, camera and lighting yourself.

As I've already mentioned in a previous message, I don't like doing postwork, and to be perfectly honest with you, most of the stuff people try to achieve with photoshop or lightroom or whatever, can in fact be achieved in DAZ itself with some clever lighting tricks and camera placement. If you ask my opinion, it actually looks better and more natural if you achieve those effects in DAZ anyway. About the chemistry and similarities, that's... Well... Not my place to talk so, I'll leave that to the gals. Again, thank you so much luv <3 Hope to see more from you as well. Can't wait to see what more can you achieve with your beautiful Coral... You know what, tell her that I say hi... (seriously, is she available? does she have a friend? hahhahaha)

See'ya 'round luv <3

Dr. Diana Fischer: I wish you'd see me when I was younger :) Thank you for your kind words. Say hi to Coral from me, as well. We have the same hair style, however, she maintains her young and fresh aura with it. Lastly, I humbly suggest you not to praise me that much, since I have a jealous lover. I don't want my purple budgie Aska to get mad at anybody. Good luck!
Who is talking here, is this roleplaying?? I don't understand lol.

Coral's Dream

Aug 30, 2022

See'ya 'round luv <3

- I feel lucky to witness the presence of such people that wisely, politely criticize the others and humbly accept thy own talent.
As you mentioned, lighting is the key. It changes everything. In my opinion, one needs to understand its nature and get used to it, because a light setup would either make the render shine or ruin it. I am eager to learn and trying to improve my skills on lighting. I still stuck at plain backgrounds/scenes, therefore I try to compensate this with my outfit selection, posing, expressions and finally, the light setup.

- To Raven: Coral is a 23 year-old single lady. She wants to be a professional model, and work for a modeling agency, maybe. She hasn't shared her sexual identity/orientation with me yet, but I don't think she'd say no to beautiful and alluring ladies like the ones in your "House Of The Cardinal" ;) She doesn't have any 3D friends yet, but who knows when she would get one :)

- To Dr. Fischer: Aska? You mean her? NO, no. A big no. I am not intended in any kinds of rivalry with her. I am just a simple fan ^^

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022
Coral's Dream The Fallen Cardinal Hi guys. Listen, I've been reading up on a lot of chatter on the no postwork subject here. Especially you two mention that you are either not doing postwork or outright don't like it. I have a similar take on the subject as well. Not that I don't like it, but I love the challenge of not resorting to it.

What I'm trying to say is, do you guys want to make a group, sub community or something like that? Like I don't know, ''No Post Club'', ''No Post Art'' or something along those lines? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of artists around that doesn't do postwork like us. Could be a good thing, right? We help each other out, promote each other's stuff, make collabs, small challenges etc... I feel like it'd be beneficial and fun for everyone involved.

Not to flood, I'll just drop a couple of stuff here completely unrelated to the postwork stuff.

Coral's Dream I'm in love with how you are getting better and better with each post. Keep going! Literally can't wait to see your next render every time you share something.

The Fallen Cardinal You guys... I'm saying guys because the way you write feels like you are either a couple of guys running an account, love roleplaying or have an identity crisis with a dash of personality disorder :D No offense of course, just kidding but you guys are absolute mad men. I mean the stuff you do... Just inspiring and beautiful. You guys have figured out a way to nail both sexy and emotional stuff at the same time. And the dramatic lighting you manage to create with every render... Seeing your renders makes me want to improve and experiment more and more... Can't wait to see what you guys are cooking up behind the scenes. Checked back your post history to see your older stuff and read about a comic or game is in the works if I'm not mistaken. With those visuals and the narrative, you are posting with each render, it's going to be a banger for sure.

Feb 11, 2022
Who is talking here, is this roleplaying?? I don't understand lol.
It's both roleplaying and multi user account. This is gonna be the first time I'll talk out of character and probably gonna be the last time. When we've decided to create The Fallen Cardinal with a couple of friends here, the characters we've designed were designed specifically according to our personalities and we've divided the characters we want to roleplay as. Raven is roleplayed by one person while our beloved Dr. Diana Fischer is being roleplayed by another who actually is a doctor in real life... That's TMI on our end soo... Yeah, I'll leave it at that... For the rest, let your imagination run wild fellas ;)

PS: That actually is the reason why we can't answer immediately to some posts/quotes. If the question or mention is targeted towards a specific character, the person who roleplays her needs to be online and write the response herself.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes