3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

PikZik

Oct 3, 2020
Holly hell - 6h30?! I am also on a GTX 1060, tend to go with 500its. And I can generally get away with a 30min render (w/Denoiser). Some situations it goes 2hrs and the resulting quality is crap. Generally, there's a window involved when that happens.

Can any of the Pros here identify from that image above what may have cost him so much rendering time? Anything most obvious that would have? Or is it all just a problem, collectively? Any recommendations to help alleviate the strain?

-Beautiful shot, btw. She may have been worthy ; )
Cpu rendering is slow...Really fucking slow. i had a 3gb 1060 before i got the 12gb 3060 and getting any image to fit in that was pretty much impossible
As grohotor wrote CPU rendering is a pain in the ass.
The reason is pretty simple for this rendering time. Iray doesn't handle light refraction and reflection very well.
In my pic, the window is really huge so the different lightings (HDRI, Emissive, Ghost, Spot, Point lights) bounce a lot on it. If you add the other shaders (skin, plant, metal, wood planks, etc), the reflection of the scene in the window, etc, you have a long, very very long rendering time.
Hence the reason why i often use postwork for layering. ;)

Edit: It's also my fault 'cause I used the Solid Glass shader instead of the Thin one but I like how it double the reflection of the character.
Plus I didn't want to change the tone mapping settings not to darken the cityscape too much so I set the lights not too bright (except the point on the face).

PS: reaction limit reached again and again...

Last edited:

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
I would agree that's a very nice intentional crop. And that yes, sometimes that type of framing choice can actually enhance the image quite provocatively. It may be that we are then subconsciously led to feed on the rest of her body (without US being seen). Or it may be that we don't quite know what her face thinks of things... so that can be plenty fetching from a curiosity perspective. Yeah?
Yeah it's a curiosity/mystery thing for me most times. Makes a full pic that much better I think.

Nice render, like you I'm not sure it's a 'keeper', but, 5stars & a bowl of Jelly & Icecream, for using a 'Flat Footed Pose'.
Gotta keep those heels on the ground like God intended. Is jelly and icecream in the same bowl a thing? I dunno how I feel about that.

Reactions: 46n2

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Yeah it's a curiosity/mystery thing for me most times. Makes a full pic that much better I think.

Gotta keep those heels on the ground like God intended. Is jelly and icecream in the same bowl a thing? I dunno how I feel about that.

It's the British Jelly & Icecream, a totally different thing to anything American.....

Shoe_Lac3

Jun 6, 2018
I’ve tried several methods, including:
-Look at Me (which helps considerably in at least setting up a plenty accurate reference point)
-Or rigging a Cam (just outside) the surface of the pupil and lining it up with an Object (or another character eye opposite), well before ever implementing her in a scene. Then adjusting her view using neck/head/eyes within any scene.

Depending on the angle she might need, one of the eyes is often a little off. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why, nor a way around it. Only solution is to manually make the adjustment as you did above - which is a gigantic pain in the ass to even identify as accurate.

But the greater purpose of my post was to compliment your work - not question it ; )
I could've sworn I've looked through Riversoft's entire catalogue, somehow I missed that - seems like a great time saver.

I now suspect the problem partly comes from - at least for me - the different rotation limit between the eye bones and thus behaviour inconsistencies between the Side-Side (PowerPose & Eye bone) and the Eyes Side-Side, Eye Look Side-Side (Face Control Rig & Pose Control) pose dials.

I just wanted to show that I took your feedback seriously and that I appreciate it - since I rarely ever get any. Sorry if it came off as defensive, but I just like to get into the weeds of things. To be sure, both your compliment and feedback are equally appreciated. :giggle:

Reactions: 46n2

Midzay

Oct 20, 2021
I have completed the programming in RenPy. There are three design points left to improve, and then I will be releasing the first chapter.
Deepl's translation seems to be pretty good. I am reported one error for 5 frames. In any case, the text is readable and understandable without annoying readers. I will hope so.

Road-03.jpg

Coral's Dream

Aug 30, 2022
Helloooo hello again!
I've worked on a couple of signatures for the NO-POST team. You can find the signatures here if you wanna use them. So happy to see more and more users coming out with their No-Post renders. Feels like the beginning of something lovely.

The designs could be changed/improved according to your suggestions. Hope you like them.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Here is a no postwork picture except a slight denoising, as it seems that I "just postworked, painting over a bad render" (I caricature a little) my last artwork which was intended to look like a movie poster btw (inspired by Kompromat) and to be the main screen of my maybecomingoneday game. :p

View attachment 2075239

I feel your pain. I also have a GTX 1060 (3Gb) in my craptop. For the pic above, 1500 iterations - CPU only -> rendering time 6h30. :cry:
But i've been told that hardware doesn't matter....
I was doing renders on my 1050 with the same about of VRAM and they took me around 5mins by the GPU. The trick is you need to reduce the texture size and geometry in your scene so they take up less VRAM. When you use up too much VRAM, it can no longer use the GPU to render and has to switch to the CPU. There is software scripts to reduce the texture sizes, just reducing them by half, from 4096x4096 down to 2048x2048 makes a huge difference, half the size, and 1/4 the memory taken with very little difference. Then you need to HIDE all objects that the camera cannot see as anything not hidden will be loaded into the video card's memory (VRAM) whether it is seen or not. I would also go over the character and hide any body part that wasn't visible, like an arm that was on the far side and not seen, the tongue in the mouth, the teeth etc... if their mouth is closed, I would hide the eyeball if it wasn't in the scene. It all adds up and eventually I was able to do a nice GPU render that was quite a bit faster as well.

Here's some examples I posted a while back when I was still using my 1050... this image took me 5mins to render with denoising and around 100-200 iterations...
motel_room manager_sex13.jpg

This is the same image rendered from a different wide camera angle. I actually rendered this by mistake, but I kept it as it showed you what I did to get the speed. I used a script to reduce the textures on all objects by half as well, I'll post links to it below... but this shows you the geometry to hide in order to get faster renders and fit it into VRAM...
motel_room manager_sex13pers.jpg

This is from the "Desert Inn" environment. I kept the floor, the wall with lights, all other objects and walls gone. Just the mattress, the rest of the bedframe gone (can't be seen)... and every body part that is not visible, hidden. No need to DELETE anything, when you load objects they are loaded into system RAM, when you hide something that means don't load it into VRAM.

Here is another example. This scene is from the Desert Inn Office environment and was one I redone later on once I bought an RTX 3060 (12G version, VRAM is vital), nothing deleted and full texture size (also with denoising and under 5mins to render)... motel_office enters.jpg

When I still had my 1050, I hid all objects in t his scene I didn't feel were important in the story. I also reduced all textures to half their size and while you can't see it, I hid all object and even part of her arm you cannot see as well as their legs, eyes, teeth etc that are not seen and this is what I got (again, with denoising, only 5mins to render on my 1050)...
motel_office enters-old.jpg

If you look at their skin, hair and clothes, you really can't tell the texture is half the size. I think it is most noticable on the dirt outside the door.

But it CAN be done on the GPU, in a reasonable amount of time if you cut back on things and use denoising.

For reducing your texture size, grab the following Scene optimizer here:
While I prefer to hide my own objects manually, you can use the following script which allows you to select a camera, click it and it will hide/delete all objects not in view:

Of course, even with the camera optimizer, if you want to hide body parts, you need to do that manually, just click a part, then click the EYE icon in the scene view window (upper right corner where it lists everything in the scene).

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes