3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I know nothing about these things, but I'd figure a studio capable of throwing 20k at something like this would have an artist on staff that can sculpt what is necessary without the use of ready made morphs, latter could be quicker of course for simple things, but then again you might end up fighting a windmill with those things trying to fix something specific and trying to find that right morph that does that, when zburshing or even blendering would fix that in 2min flat

and those morphs look suspiciously (even including morph names) like the "200 plus head and face morphs" I have for G8F and M, and there is no such product(s) available for G9 yet, and I don't there will be any time soon

I realize that it is a merchant resource, but the question is - should it be? I think they target the wrong audience with that price and cut off enthusiast crowd from purchasing G9 at the same time, simply because there are no figures yet, and no tools to make your own without going into sculpting and making your own morphs

what we do get is a shitton of asymmetry morphs, did anyone actually wanted these?

so, the only sense it makes to me is in the context of cashgrab IMHO (as I said, no experience besides hobby use with these things)

sorry for OT

p.s. and tried looking up some launch responses on Daz and Daz+ forums - no a whole lot of those there, clicked on one where subject seemed to suggest disappointment - page loads - 404 :D and the topic is gone from the list it was in a minute ago after I refreshed it, so Daz is apparently playing whackamole with those on their forum
There is one admin on the DAZ forum, let's call him 'Dick', that does not allow anyone to say a single thing that disparages DAZ or their dev team. I made a comment about one of their releases breaking some previously working feature and suggested they need to do more regression testing and the post was removed in a matter of minutes, when I protested, Dick also removed that post almost immediately. One reason I almost never visit or post in the DAZ forums.

Reactions: oaiki

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
All this talk about G9 is a bit premature in my opinion, let's table the discussion and see what the next few months bring. I am just getting the hang of the FACS system on G8 and G8.1, that does make expressions a bit easier on this generation of models.

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
All this talk about G9 is a bit premature in my opinion, let's table the discussion and see what the next few months bring. I am just getting the hang of the FACS system on G8 and G8.1, that does make expressions a bit easier on this generation of models.
Yeah G8 wasn't some amazing miracle of technology when it first came out either, takes a lot of community assets and it took a long time before we could create great things with it!

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
FACS System? What is that?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes