3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
I'm getting it now but will probably waite to install. Want to see how others get along with it :) ..
I really like the second skin (with Vitiligo). Her shape is nice as well.
(I just did a count and my DAZ library is 2.4TB of which 80% I'm guessing is G8 stuff (outside of props and environment's etc.)

So for me the incompatibility is a big no no at this point.
On top of this render times... It feels they are substantial longer on my machine.

Still I have a feeling DAZ 5 and Genesis 9 will be sold as a big thing.

I haven't read in to deep on the G9 part but for me what can tip me over is a better outfit or morphs to make the "breast hugging phenomena" better looking and expressions.

This is my Victoria9 stopped at 85% reduced to 50% of the original size (no post work):
Victoria9.jpg

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
It looks like the Merchant Resource might be for larger studios doing 3d character modelling in DAZ then moving them to something else, like Unity or Unreal. If you are already spending 20K why isn't that extra $300 (Interactive licenses) thrown in for free. Also 8K skin textures probably means that POTATO PC's need not apply.

For some of the hair I am sure the only update necessary would be to set new Scene Identifiers and nothing more.

View attachment 2110392
Victoria 9 HD with Linday G8 Hair autofit. This took a couple minutes longer to render than the same basic Victoria 8 model.
I know nothing about these things, but I'd figure a studio capable of throwing 20k at something like this would have an artist on staff that can sculpt what is necessary without the use of ready made morphs, latter could be quicker of course for simple things, but then again you might end up fighting a windmill with those things trying to fix something specific and trying to find that right morph that does that, when zburshing or even blendering would fix that in 2min flat

and those morphs look suspiciously (even including morph names) like the "200 plus head and face morphs" I have for G8F and M, and there is no such product(s) available for G9 yet, and I don't there will be any time soon

I realize that it is a merchant resource, but the question is - should it be? I think they target the wrong audience with that price and cut off enthusiast crowd from purchasing G9 at the same time, simply because there are no figures yet, and no tools to make your own without going into sculpting and making your own morphs

what we do get is a shitton of asymmetry morphs, did anyone actually wanted these?

so, the only sense it makes to me is in the context of cashgrab IMHO (as I said, no experience besides hobby use with these things)

sorry for OT

p.s. and tried looking up some launch responses on Daz and Daz+ forums - no a whole lot of those there, clicked on one where subject seemed to suggest disappointment - page loads - 404 :D and the topic is gone from the list it was in a minute ago after I refreshed it, so Daz is apparently playing whackamole with those on their forum

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozzymandiass

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
one thing you gotta give to G9 - dialing in expressions is so much easier and they look much more natural than the previous ones, but then again that is just comparing to older Daz products, not other options out there

g9_t2w.jpg

edit: just noticed another thing I don't like, so I see the lips are a bit dry, used to just go to surfaces on the older Genesis and play around with lip surface, G9 - Nope, the whole face and neck is one surface...
edit2: subd3 on this one, sub2 on hair to make it smoother, 5min to 500 samples on 3080

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes