3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
There is one admin on the DAZ forum, let's call him 'Dick', that does not allow anyone to say a single thing that disparages DAZ or their dev team. I made a comment about one of their releases breaking some previously working feature and suggested they need to do more regression testing and the post was removed in a matter of minutes, when I protested, Dick also removed that post almost immediately. One reason I almost never visit or post in the DAZ forums.
There is a bug with the Daz BPR skin shader that causes loading times to get progressively higher each time you load a character that uses it. so if a character took 30 seconds to load the first time, the second one takes 1 minute, the 3rd takes 1min 30 etc
This doesn't happen if you use the Uber skin shader. tried to bring this up, threat removed. There was nothing in my thread besides explaining the issue and the means to replicate it.

Last edited:

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
Gen 9 isn't rendering for me, which is weird because my video card is fairly good. I'm probably missing a dependent or something.

This one I rendered all three planes separate and then combined them in photoshop. The lighting is sun/sky with additional post effect lighting to simulate lights from inside the saloon.

Z071pw.png

There's a really good tutorial about rendering all your lighting sources separately, and that way in photoshop you have complete control. I forgot where I saw it but it's stuck with me and I want to experiment more with it.

I know the blouse is blown out. Still haven't figured out how to handle that.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes