3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Hellooo! I've been meddling with the atmospheric volumes lately. Surely bumps up the render times 4 times but I think I'm loving the hazy/dusty feeling it adds to the shots. As always, no post <3

View attachment 2152539 View attachment 2152537 View attachment 2152538
So, do you make it a point not to do post? Seems kind of pointless when you could quite easily create the same dusty/haze effect with some Photoshop experience in half the time. Renders look nice, nonetheless.

Reactions: OutOfAshes
Sep 11, 2022
So, do you make it a point not to do post? Seems kind of pointless when you could quite easily create the same dusty/haze effect with some Photoshop experience in half the time. Renders look nice, nonetheless.
I like the challenge of creating everything in the studio. To be honest I can recreate all of my renders a lot easier if I utilize photoshop but that would stop me from learning new techniques in Daz Studio. Trying to mimic those post effects helped me understand lighting better for example. Or I've had to develop a couple of tricks to get the gradient in the colours which I love. I wouldn't have to be creative about those stuff if I decide to do them in photoshop since it's a lot easier. Glad you find the renders nice looking though. <3 Thank you <3

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I like the challenge of creating everything in the studio. To be honest I can recreate all of my renders a lot easier if I utilize photoshop but that would stop me from learning new techniques in Daz Studio. Trying to mimic those post effects helped me understand lighting better for example. Or I've had to develop a couple of tricks to get the gradient in the colours which I love. I wouldn't have to be creative about those stuff if I decide to do them in photoshop since it's a lot easier. Glad you find the renders nice looking though. <3 Thank you <3
Fair enough. You certainly can't get better if you don't challenge yourself.

I was looking at it from a developer perspective where speed and/or optimization are a focus while rendering, meaning making sure the render looks good and fixing (clipping, etc.) or adding (bloom, dust/particles/grain/etc.) things in Photoshop after. Hard to separate just making one-offs/fun renders from the efficiency perspective of doing story-focused renders sometimes.

Reactions: Forlorn Desire
Sep 11, 2022
Fair enough. You certainly can't get better if you don't challenge yourself.

I was looking at it from a developer perspective where speed and/or optimization are a focus while rendering, meaning making sure the render looks good and fixing (clipping, etc.) or adding (bloom, dust/particles/grain/etc.) things in Photoshop after. Hard to separate just making one-offs/fun renders from the efficiency perspective of doing story-focused renders sometimes.
You are most definitely correct about game/comic production where continuity between multiple renders is the key but once you nail down the techniques you use and create a nice toolbox for yourself as scene-subsets to load everything in, it actually is quite manageable and doesn't require much tweaking. It works rather well with cameras and lights but can be utilized for other stuff as well. I've just started to make story renders and planning to make a VN soon. I'll guess I'll see how it goes on the long run.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes