3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
if you go into pose parameters of any given object that is fitted to your character, you will find a tab that says hidden. Under that you'll find the jcm corrections. They influence the clothing article or prop based on the pose. For example, a pair of shorts will need to auto follow any pose that effect the position of the thighs.. Occasionally the auto follow does a poor job. It can make things look wrong. If you know where to look you can adjust it and sometimes make things look better.
Thanks, I know where you mean now. Never thought to look at them, but I'll play around and see. (y)

drconfused

Mar 30, 2022
Yoga Squatting Series - Goddess Pose - Utkata Konasana - arm variation 2
Started making seperate folders for my arm positions. Still haven't figured out yet in saving just partial poses so always default to the select parent node on character then ctrl+double click the pose I want to apply that portion to. I suppose that to do the save I will have to go further into the tree and unselect all the unwanted portions?
001-002-000.png 001-002-002.png
Goddess Pose - Prayer Hands a.png
When making my postures I refer to my data base of yoga poses I have been developing for years now. When I am working on a posture that I don't have enough photos from different angles I will go on a tangent of finding photos from different angles. Goddess pose has been the only pose I have found so far that finding this pose specifically from the side view has the lowest amount of photos out of all I have researched so far. There are tons of side views from poses like chair or just general squats, searching wide legged squats or sumo squat produce some but most of those are weight baring alignment analysis and don't tend to abduct the hips as far as is commonly attributed to Utkata Konasana. I do think I need to tweak the internal rotation of the hips slightly to make a more realistic representation but it's very close.​

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Cloth sim was done in marvelous designer. its really out of this world compared to the shitty dforce. its like comparing a car from the 1800s with a modern day supercar.
may imp.jpg
Fucked up the rendering settings with this one so il have to rerender, denoiser doesn't play nice with these textures. The final one that i will post on deviantart will be the same just with less smudgy textures, specifically on the gold trim.

Last edited:

Impious Monk

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2021
Cloth sim was done in marvelous designer. its really out of this world compared to the shitty dforce. its like comparing a car from the 1800s with a modern day supercar.
View attachment 2266364
Fucked up the rendering settings with this one so il have to rerender, denoiser doesn't play nice with these textures. The final one that i will post on deviantart will be the same just with less smudgy textures, specifically on the gold trim.
Agreed, MD really is much better for that type of shirt. Have you tried it yet with a button down shirt? For me the shirt fell apart and I haven't spent the time learning how to make it work.

Render looks good!

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Agreed, MD really is much better for that type of shirt. Have you tried it yet with a button down shirt? For me the shirt fell apart and I haven't spent the time learning how to make it work.

Render looks good!
If anything but the buttons fell off than that shirt was poorly modeled
The unconnected elements will fall off. Simulating clothing with accessories in MD is troublesome to impossible if they were not made specifically in MD. Some features of the program are so hampered that i can only assume its a intentional "sabotage" in order to prevent importing clothing made in other programs.

Things like, MD will combine surfaces into 1 so you cant texture in it, You can pin clothing or freaze the sim on certain elements but if you want to select specific geometry there is no option to select all connected geometry or UV islands (only for non native clothing), there are so many things that just don't work on non native clothing that make no sense unless its intentional.

I converted Hellenic for genesis 3 remale to gen 8 and used MD for the draping. I froze the sim on the belt and pinned the straps and the cloth arround it so it didn't brake apart
Dress MD.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes