3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I'm planning an rtx 3060 too. If my game gets more popularity.
It turned out to be really good, but make certain you get the 12G model and not the TI model which has less VRAM. more video RAM makes all the difference in the world. I used to struggle with running out of video memory on my 1050TI with it's paultry 4G. I would hide everything in a scene that wasn't visible, including arms, legs, eyes that weren't visible, you name it. When you load up a scene, all objects are stored in system memory, when you render it, the visible objects are loaded into video RAM, so simply clicking the eye next to something to hide it can save VRAM. If you run out of VRAM you can't use denoising (or at least you couldn't in the past). The scene I just posted only took me a couple minutes to render at 400 iterations with denoising on. In the past, on my 1050TI I would do 200 iterations with denoising and it turned out fine. i posted the results in here many times. They usually took 5 - 10 mins to render which wasn't too bad, all considered.

There are also some nice scripts you can download which will reduce the size of textures which makes a HUGE difference in VRAM used but usually doesn't look any different at all, if that is your limitation.

Here's a link for Scene Optimizer, it's what I used to reduce my texture size which is a HUGE help. Combine this with hiding objects that aren't visible in the scene and you'll do better (and faster) renders. There's also a Camera View Optimizer at this link which can help, it will hide objects not visible for you if you prefer. I prefer to do it manually myself, but I have used it before.

Here's a screenshot I done a couple years ago when I used to use my 1050TI with 4G of VRAM showing what my scene looked like in DAZ from a different perspective... well, first, here's the final render... showing 3 characters which would normally be impossible on my little video card but...

AWAM Bathroom - Neil Enters Shower 7.jpg

And here's a point of view of my DAZ Studio interface as seen from behind Liam (the guy in the door) and you will see how I reduced VRAM by hiding all parts of his body not visible. You will also see most of the bathroom is empty of anything as I hide it all. I was really pleased at how this turned out and amazed I got three characters and all this on my little 4G of VRAM (I also shut down my browser and anything else that uses VRAM on my system to squeeze all I could from it)...

Three Characters on a 1050TI.jpg

Officina_Sopianae

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
It turned out to be really good, but make certain you get the 12G model and not the TI model which has less VRAM. more video RAM makes all the difference in the world. I used to struggle with running out of video memory on my 1050TI with it's paultry 4G. I would hide everything in a scene that wasn't visible, including arms, legs, eyes that weren't visible, you name it. When you load up a scene, all objects are stored in system memory, when you render it, the visible objects are loaded into video RAM, so simply clicking the eye next to something to hide it can save VRAM. If you run out of VRAM you can't use denoising (or at least you couldn't in the past). The scene I just posted only took me a couple minutes to render at 400 iterations with denoising on. In the past, on my 1050TI I would do 200 iterations with denoising and it turned out fine. i posted the results in here many times. They usually took 5 - 10 mins to render which wasn't too bad, all considered.

There are also some nice scripts you can download which will reduce the size of textures which makes a HUGE difference in VRAM used but usually doesn't look any different at all, if that is your limitation.

Here's a link for Scene Optimizer, it's what I used to reduce my texture size which is a HUGE help. Combine this with hiding objects that aren't visible in the scene and you'll do better (and faster) renders. There's also a Camera View Optimizer at this link which can help, it will hide objects not visible for you if you prefer. I prefer to do it manually myself, but I have used it before.

Here's a screenshot I done a couple years ago when I used to use my 1050TI with 4G of VRAM showing what my scene looked like in DAZ from a different perspective... well, first, here's the final render... showing 3 characters which would normally be impossible on my little video card but...

View attachment 2352732

And here's a point of view of my DAZ Studio interface as seen from behind Liam (the guy in the door) and you will see how I reduced VRAM by hiding all parts of his body not visible. You will also see most of the bathroom is empty of anything as I hide it all. I was really pleased at how this turned out and amazed I got three characters and all this on my little 4G of VRAM (I also shut down my browser and anything else that uses VRAM on my system to squeeze all I could from it)...

View attachment 2352733
Nice! Yeah I go for the 12gb. Still learning how to use scene optimiser, and how to not overdo it:)

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes