3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
Definitely the last renderer with the 1050ti ;)
time to put in the 2080 and the dodgy? Daz beta version.
its crazy that they just dont release an update for the RTX cards to the current 4.10.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

photo comparing the 1050ti to the 2080
quite a difference LOL
20190208_222756.jpg

2080 ready to rock and roll
20190208_224435.jpg

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Definitely the last renderer with the 1050ti ;)
time to put in the 2080 and the dodgy? Daz beta version.
its crazy that they just dont release an update for the RTX cards to the current 4.10.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
because 4.10 uses an older iray version. They cant just put a completely new render engine in a old program^^

Reactions: rev2019

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
yep, notebooks are just crap for rendering ...
Tell me about it.
I suppose you could try an external GPU if your notebook supports Thunderbolt 3 and you don't want to get a desktop just for rendering. At least that's what I've been looking into.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Dunno i have just no fun to invest money for only play around with DAZ and do few pics, mean i like it but prefer to invest the money in my childs instead of HW
Obviously I wasn't suggesting you spend money on hardware instead of your children...

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
Thanos247: you asked if the 2080 was worth it?
short answer YES!....get it man! :)
Damn its flying for both rendering times and also making the whole experience alot faster with Daz 3D.
everything is alot snappier than before.
there is almost no delay as for example when you cancel a render until you can close it and save it.
and the Iray view is loading i asume 3 times faster than before.
rendering times are i guess 3 times as fast if not more? compared to the 1050ti.

i also did a test selecting the 4.6ghz i7 2600K CPU also for rendering and its wasted.
its almost slower than just let the 2080 do the job alone.
thats great to know because then you can do other stuff like surfing while the 2080 is rendering.

the problem with the 1050ti was i guess the less memory at 4gb
i can see that the 2080 is using 4.5gb for the same scene and exactly the same settings.
that makes a huge difference i guess when the graphics card can fit it all to the memory.
temp never goes over 70c.
i took a screenshot from gpuz while rendering.

and the test render is the quality you get after just 10minutes of rendering time.
that was impossible before

gpu.gif

quality after 10 minutes rendering time
test_rtx.png

as for the Dodgy? Beta version i have not seen it yet.
i may take it back LOL
it just works so far and fast as hell

Reactions: Krull

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Even with the post work I'm not exactly sure what's going on there.
Maybe that's what the Big Bang actually looked like.
Hehe. It's just messing around with a bunch of magical assets, seeing how the different parts turn out for my own curiosity. I may have gone overboard on post as well, again, playing with different setting to see what they did. Here's the original. LizzyLight2.5downsize.png

1stB

Jan 19, 2019
It's a long shot with fore, middle, and background. Focus is properly on the subject in the mid, and extends to the spit & fire to the right of frame. The angle applied to the camera appears to be an artistic choice to make the subject's right leg vertical or just to imply motion of the camera.

It's a good composition. Don't worry about your PC quality; what you have done with this shot is work with what you have and use long shots to mask a lower render "quality" render. A scene is more than the resolution of the render.
Thanks for constructive criticism, I'm studying cinema at university so I don't worry so much about compositions. But of course there is so much progress to be made.
I am just trying to figure out the lighting system of daz3d, lighting is the hardest part of any kind of these jobs.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Quick note to you all, I just updated my nVidia drivers to the latest version and have been having problems since. Daz kept falling back to CPU rendering instead of using my cards. Looked on the Daz forums and it seems like others are having the issue too. So I'd hold off or roll back a driver if you run into the same issues.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes