3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

grohotor

May 15, 2020
There's some good tips in the following video on speeding up your loading times. Morphs are really bad for slowing things down. Whether you use the morphs or not, DAZ has to load them in if they are in any way related to the figure you're loading so be careful on how many you install.

He has good tips in this to help anyhow.

If i go into edit mode and delete unused morphs will it still load them again on that character when i reload it ? Wish there was 2 ways to load characters. Loading it in edit mode and you load all the morphs or load it in pose mode and it only loads the used morphs. They would load in less than 10 seconds.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
If i go into edit mode and delete unused morphs will it still load them again on that character when i reload it ?
I believe some morphs are loaded that are related to the asset you are loading in, for the simple reason that when you click on that asset and then check the morphs... all those morph dials YOU wanted need to be loaded and available to you. So I don't think it has much to do with your saves than the fact that the morphs need to be loaded to make those dials available.

If you have a lot of morphs loaded and you don't find you're using them all, than you may wish to clean things up and be careful what all you install.

I think he goes over these facts in the video I linked.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Testing out a fantasy cyberpunk setting
View attachment 2379346
I've also been experimenting on using renders to make sprites...
View attachment 2379349 View attachment 2379351
These are upsized so not the actual pixel size... I'm considering doing this for a game... mostly testing out different aspects.
Interesting. I thought of that as well. Actually, I used the original Poser to create an animated female character for a game that I never did complete way back in the... 90s or early 2000s? Sheesh, been a while... anyhow, this is her from around 2002 if the file dates are right, I think I used Poser 3 or 4 for this at the time (the precursor to Daz, back when Daz just sold assets for Poser).

Wanda_Walk.gif

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
Interesting. I thought of that as well. Actually, I used the original Poser to create an animated female character for a game that I never did complete way back in the... 90s or early 2000s? Sheesh, been a while... anyhow, this is her from around 2002 if the file dates are right, I think I used Poser 3 or 4 for this at the time (the precursor to Daz, back when Daz just sold assets for Poser).

View attachment 2379371
Ended up using which can batch convert. So animations are possible although some of the walk animations are passable in DAZ there wasnt much idle animations that looked good... might need to look into importing mixamo animations...

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes