3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
This is totally uncalled for, but I decided to share it anyway, even if I'm still not sure if it is the right place here ...
So, the question I came to solve by myself is:

How to get a light-source to be always pointed on a target?

I am SURE things like that are addressed in a whole bunch of How-To's, but I figured this out on my own and thought I would share it, some of you guys will surely find this interesting.
While playing around with DAZ, you might have noticed this setting to let things be pointing to some other things, especially often used for eyes to be pointing to some camera.
If you try to directly point some light-source at a target, you will notice, it will not play out nice. But this "problem" is easily solved.
Here, the "trick" comes to use:
in short -

1) create a primitive, suitable for your light-source then orient it to be on z-neg

2) select it, then set emission colour to something other than black, set it to NOT a two-sided light and give it some proper luminance, rotate its x-axes to 90, then lock the positioning properties.

3) put the primitive in a group of its own, then let the group point to your intended target

This should work for ordinary lights too, but I didn't bother to test this ...

Because I'm having too much fun with recording videocaptures, you can view it yourself, If you so like.
the smaller (720p) version is embedded here, the . Keep in mind, hosted free, so, it will expire after some time.
View attachment Pointing Lights smaller.mp4

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes