3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
rosav4.png
Still messing around with stylized fantasy characters... been struggling to find outfits that fit... this one is the Misfortune Outfit Set for Genesis 8 Female that I photoshopped green instead of red-ish. Let me know what you think! I may try and have a proof of concept game build soon.

Nov 9, 2020
I have also had this kind of artifact in the shadows. I usually get rid of it by increasing the resolution (subdivision) but also by opting for another light source more suitable. I made a small video showing the different results depending on the light source and the resolution.
View attachment 2454715
My god, I wish I had this a couple days ago.

Thanks. Daz does work the way you think it does. I applied your suggestions to the full body version:

The original: View attachment 2453683

The alternate version using GIMP layering:
View attachment 2453692

Clearly I have work to do, but this is my first time using image editing software for more than blurring privates. Time to practice!
In the second picture of this post I ended up turning off the dome, using a point light for general lighting, and using a distant light for the ground shadow. The I layered the light/character render over a render of the background, as someone suggested. But I somehow did it in a much more convoluted way than what you've shown. Thanks for the video. I'll be able to manage the details better.

Reactions: darkside80
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes