3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
I mean vastly superior render times, due to having AMD, a better ray tracing engine in Cycles X and importing from Daz using Diffeomorphic is relatively easy with minimal tinkering required most times. As you mentioned the time - 15 minutes is often a similar time for me. Means I can pump out 4k renders with ease. Plus the compositing side of it all *Chef's kiss*. I am sure Daz is great -Some renders and animations I have seen are top notch. But the same can be achieved in Blender and I am far more comfortable using it as I use it daily! Each to their own, eh? mwah.
The Sculpting and positioning clothes is exactly what I use blender for, just not the rendering, I just send it back to daz as a morph, pretty much my whole point is taking a scene into blender for rendering, results in less skin detail (unless you take the time to fix it) everything else you mentioned is great to do in blender, like if you want to create surface indentations on a sofa, blender or zbrush are perfect for that as is creating morphs for clothes.
From what I've seen and taking in your experiences, I'd say daz might be better for rendering skin. It's just that blender is very versatile (yeah, compositing, sculpting, uv stuff, modelling) and that versatility is convenient. That said, I do most of my general posing and shaping in daz because I like moving the sliders around. :p I've seen it replicated in blender, but that's a bit over my head. My process right now is very much a hybrid of the two programs (and it seems like yours are as well). I agree that, at this point, it is very much a matter of comfort and preference. I will say that daz clothes with a cloth modifier are kind of weird for me (there's weird bunching near the top, which is why I try to position them manually). I haven't heard too many complaints about dforce so I am curious to hear about how it performs. Maybe if I can upgrade my gpu I can go more towards the daz side of things and start using it for rendering as well.:unsure:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes