3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Even with diffeomorphic it's more hassle than it's worth, what are you gaining with importing your scene into blender? the models certainly don't look better rendered with cycles, importing stuff from blender to daz is a breeze so what are the benefits exactly? Unless your animating i see not reason to import
Well, I have maaaany addons for Blender. From camera rigs, professional lighting add ons etc. Also I can make the scene and have the background have HD textures - Often hand made...Though procedural in a pinch. Having an AMD card is also what clinches Blender for me. A 2k image will render in 5 minutes,20 mins for 4k depending on the samples. In Daz? Yeah, triple, or quadrouple those numbers, if not more. Also Blender utilises AA in Cycles, so no need to super sample then downscale as you may have to do in Daz. Saves on time there.

Also not much hassle, just press easy import, tick your boxes and go. Pretty much that simple. Once in a blue moon you might have to fiddle with the hair. But it pretty much imports everything in as is.

Last edited:

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
Well, I have maaaany addons for Blender. From camera rigs, professional lighting add ons etc. Also I can make the scene and have the background have HD textures - Often hand made...Though procedural in a pinch. Having an AMD card is also what clinches Blender for me. A 2k image will render in 5 minutes,20 mins for 4k depending on the samples. In Daz? Yeah, triple, or qudrouple those numbers, if not more. Also Blender utilises AA in Cycles, so no need to super sample then downscale as you may have to do in Daz. Saves on time there.
In all comes down to quality for me, the models just look better with Iray, but you have an AMD card so haven't got much choice really have you, I mean sure slower render times is a source of frustration for me but the wait is usually worth it in the end, especially as like I said previously the skin just looks nicer rendered with iray, Like I say I'm not using blender as much lately but I'd probably still rather take the extra time to bake out my procedural textures than the hassle and loss of skin quality of importing to blender, I mean if you going to retexture the models and make you own skin though, then it's really going to be worth it especially if your very good at the sort of thing. Also yes it might go in to blender pretty easy with the easy import but you have lost some skin quality there, something created for iray will look better with iray, and to bring that detail back it's a hassle.

Last edited:

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
In all comes down to quality for me, the models just look better with Iray, but you have an AMD card so haven't got much choice really have you, I mean sure slower render times is a source of frustration for me but the wait is usually worth it in the end, especially as like I said previously the skin just looks nicer rendered with iray, Like I say I'm not using blender as much lately but I'd probably still rather take the extra time to bake out my procedural textures than the hassle and loss of skin quality of importing to blender, I mean if you going to retexture the models and make you own skin though, then it's really going to be worth it especially if your very good at the sort of thing. Also yes it might go in to blender pretty easy with the easy import but you have lost some skin quality there, something created for iray will look better with iray, and to bring that detail back it's a hassle.
Diffeo overcomplicates the hell out of the skin shaders, and they still don't look particularly nice. You can good results with a pretty simple setup. The hair is a totally different story lol. Can't for the life of me get that looking decent. Main reason I'd like to switch to Blender is to be able to sculpt better stuff. I've kinda figured out a way around the "you peasants can't make HD morphs" thing but it still doesn't look as good as in Blender.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Diffeo overcomplicates the hell out of the skin shaders, and they still don't look particularly nice. You can good results with a pretty simple setup. The hair is a totally different story lol. Can't for the life of me get that looking decent. Main reason I'd like to switch to Blender is to be able to sculpt better stuff. I've kinda figured out a way around the "you peasants can't make HD morphs" thing but it still doesn't look as good as in Blender.
Sounds like you are trying to use Eevee with diffeomorphic. Which does require lots of tinkering. You don't need to tinker with cycles for the most part (some hairs can be an issue, but easy enough to rectify if you read the manual).As for details on the model. You can either up the Subdivision in Daz prior to exporting.. Or add it in blender.

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
Yeah it's certainly a annoying process getting things looking nice, and then your model just ends up having this silky smooth skin in your render. Yeah only PA's getting access to make HD morphs is annoying, I started out planning to do some morphs in blender, then I got my model across started sculpting and quickly realised I can't do shit with this many polygons, I always assumed the way round it would be you could just add a multi res modifier sculpt more details then bake that to a normal map, but I could never be bothered to try it.

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
Sounds like you are trying to use Eevee with diffeomorphic. Which does require lots of tinkering. You don't need to tinker with cycles for the most part (some hairs can be an issue, but easy enough to rectify if you read the manual).As for details on the model. You can either up the Subdivision in Daz prior to exporting.. Or add it in blender.
Nah I'm using Cycles. Most of the hair looks good. Some just look terrible. I think it's the ones that add extra stuff to the shader. The skin definitely needs some tweaking though. For the sculpting, if you up the subd in Daz before you export, you can't turn what you sculpt into a morph. Using a multires modifier in Blender works well enough most of the time.

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
Yeah it's certainly a annoying process getting things looking nice, and then your model just ends up having this silky smooth skin in your render. Yeah only PA's getting access to make HD morphs is annoying, I started out planning to do some morphs in blender, then I got my model across started sculpting and quickly realised I can't do shit with this many polygons, I always assumed the way round it would be you could just add a multi res modifier sculpt more details then bake that to a normal map, but I could never be bothered to try it.
So the way I've been doing it is adding the multires modifier and setting the viewport and sculpt levels to 1 to 2-ish. Then click the "apply base" option after I'm done so it moves the verts on the original mesh. Then just don't apply the modifiers when exporting back to Daz. It works pretty well, but it doesn't always go back to Daz a total 1:1.

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
So the way I've been doing it is adding the multires modifier and setting the viewport and sculpt levels to 1 to 2-ish. Then click the "apply base" option after I'm done so it moves the verts on the original mesh. Then just don't apply the modifiers when exporting back to Daz. It works pretty well, but it doesn't always go back to Daz a total 1:1.
Might have to give that a try, I regret never taking the time to learn zbrush to be honest, from what I hear doing morphs in zbrush is a breeze. Although the price is a bit steep, if you pay for it anyway.

Last edited:

Lewd Monkey

Sep 17, 2022
...nice job, man!! Just a question: how did you get the sand efffect on the model's body? Is there some asset to achieve it?
Thank you in advance...
Thank you. To answer your question it's a geoshell. You can find it here . You can probably find it the asset section of the forum. Just a heads up if you use breastacular, golden palace, New Genitals you will have to tinker with the offset distance and most likely still have to fix things in post. I know I did.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes