3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

jackmancactus

Apr 8, 2018
Might have to give that a try, I regret never taking the time to learn zbrush to be honest, from what I hear doing morphs in zbrush is a breeze. Although the price is a bit steep, if you pay for it anyway.
Yeah from what I hear zbrush has way better performance. With the multires Blender is pretty smooth though. And once you figure out the right import/export settings, it's really easy to make morphs.

Reactions: Greengiant3D

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
this was really good
(ignore the following if the overall sharpness was the aim)
maybe a little bit of DOF could be added, to focus viewer on some feature, but that is just IMHO, also - I often will play with opacity for hair to get it to look more natural and less texture-on-surface look, sometimes adding subd modifier helps, sometimes smoothing, but some hair will break if you do
maybe reduce normal value for legs surface, so the skin looks a bit smoother, and maybe adding body hd details from some figure to give knees a bit more character

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Even with diffeomorphic it's more hassle than it's worth, what are you gaining with importing your scene into blender? the models certainly don't look better rendered with cycles, importing stuff from blender to daz is a breeze so what are the benefits exactly? Unless your animating i see not reason to import
Just my two cents here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not saying that blender is better than daz. Just what I learned from trying to find a way get into rendering while owning an AMD gpu.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Just my two cents here.

Not saying that blender is better than daz. Just what I learned from trying to find a way get into rendering while owning an AMD gpu.
I mean vastly superior render times, due to having AMD, a better ray tracing engine in Cycles X and importing from Daz using Diffeomorphic is relatively easy with minimal tinkering required most times. As you mentioned the time - 15 minutes is often a similar time for me. Means I can pump out 4k renders with ease. Plus the compositing side of it all *Chef's kiss*. I am sure Daz is great -Some renders and animations I have seen are top notch. But the same can be achieved in Blender and I am far more comfortable using it as I use it daily! Each to their own, eh? mwah.

Greengiant3D

Apr 28, 2018
Just my two cents here.

The Sculpting and positioning clothes is exactly what I use blender for, just not the rendering, I just send it back to daz as a morph, pretty much my whole point is taking a scene into blender for rendering, results in less skin detail (unless you take the time to fix it) everything else you mentioned is great to do in blender, like if you want to create surface indentations on a sofa, blender or zbrush are perfect for that as is creating morphs for clothes.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes