3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
I've spent a lot of time in Blender lately to make my own props, many many many many trials and errors, hence the "lot of time". :ROFLMAO:
So I wanted to showcase some of them but, i.e., a coffee machine alone is not that interesting so I thought that maybe Layla could be of help.
Most of the props (except the big cup, its plate and spoon) in this pic come from these tests.

"So, you want a coffee or..."

View attachment 2567152

This issue is linked to the way metallicity and reflection work in Daz I guess.
You could try to set Glossy Weight to 1.0 and Glossy roughness between 0.1 to 0.3 and that should do the trick. Keep the metallicity to 1.
If it doesn't work maybe you also could replace the spotlights by ghost ones.
Hope this will help. ;)

I know the feeling, it feels like I've spent all day sorting bits out in Blender, & I've only been ''Kitbashing''... Love the Coffee Machine, BUT... Can I be greedy & ask for Layla to bring my coffee & herself over to me?... I promise not to be toooo pervy first time around...

• Haha
Reactions: PikZik

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
With thick thighs and tight pants, it's a daily struggle for some women just to get dressed. :cry:
c ds 0.jpg c ds 1.1.jpg c ds 1.2.jpg
l ds 0.1.jpg l ds 1.1.jpg l ds 1.3.jpg

1682272673131.png Can we get thoughts and prayers for the women who have to suffer through this daily ordeal?

Jokes aside, hope you enjoy! Got sidetracked a few times while rendering. I guess a question is: Do you guys even want to see Charlie and Lucy succeed? Maybe they'll just be stuck forever...:unsure:

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Homing my skills for the upcomming battle with Nemiegs next week.
https://f95zone.to/threads/special-request-official-renpy-edition-v1-6-nemiegs.68472/post-10588051
This is my first go at post editing. I know it's far from perfect, but damn what a difference from the 'Raw' Daz render!

View attachment 2566658

I have a question for you expert people! As soon as I added my 3-point light and removed the HDRI light, all the chrome parts on the bike went black. How do I get the chrome effect back again?

View attachment 2566665
Not really a pro or expert tip, but if you are doing post work you might be able to get away with borrowing the chrome highlights from the first image (with hdri on). You can do this by opening the image as a layer in an image editor and applying a filter/changing the contrast until it becomes a black and white specular map (I think that's what it's called). What I've done mostly is decreasing saturation (turning black and white) and then increasing contrast (bringing out the highlights more). You can then change exposure, blur, whatever. Then you change the mode (screen, lighten, luma/luminance, overlay, usually work) and opacity of that layer to "bring back" the highlights. You can compare to the first image to dial in the look you want. There should be tutorials about this out there, but not sure what the search terms are. You can try searching up compositing smoke overlays for a basic idea, but the filters and modes used might be slightly different.

I think the others are right about why they disappeared in the first place. You removed a pretty significant light source from the set. You can probably add more lights to the scene to get the highlights back as well for an in daz solution. Hope this helps!

*I'm not sure why, but looking closer at the reflections in the second image it looks like there is an hdri being used? I see streaky clouds and a bright sun for some reason (hub of front wheel, the side of the headlight, and right above the pin up girl decal). Maybe there is an hdri that is still "on", but its "light" position or intensity are different from the one in the first image?

Kroelle Cook

Game Developer
Feb 28, 2018
Not really a pro or expert tip, but if you are doing post work you might be able to get away with borrowing the chrome highlights from the first image (with hdri on). You can do this by opening the image as a layer in an image editor and applying a filter/changing the contrast until it becomes a black and white specular map (I think that's what it's called). What I've done mostly is decreasing saturation (turning black and white) and then increasing contrast (bringing out the highlights more). You can then change exposure, blur, whatever. Then you change the mode (screen, lighten, luma/luminance, overlay, usually work) and opacity of that layer to "bring back" the highlights. You can compare to the first image to dial in the look you want. There should be tutorials about this out there, but not sure what the search terms are. You can try searching up compositing smoke overlays for a basic idea, but the filters and modes used might be slightly different.

I think the others are right about why they disappeared in the first place. You removed a pretty significant light source from the set. You can probably add more lights to the scene to get the highlights back as well for an in daz solution. Hope this helps!

*I'm not sure why, but looking closer at the reflections in the second image it looks like there is an hdri being used? I see streaky clouds and a bright sun for some reason (hub of front wheel, the side of the headlight, and right above the pin up girl decal). Maybe there is an hdri that is still "on", but its "light" position or intensity are different from the one in the first image?
Thank's for that elaborate answer! I will try and look up the tutorial you are talking about. I did some Googling, and you may be on to something about the hdri in the second picture. There is indeed an hdri - very well spotted! And that hdri cound be why the chrome is showing. I saw another post where someone said that if there is no hdri there is nothing to reflect in the chrome and thus it becomes black. Even if I add a spotlight right in front of the exhaust it's still just black.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes