3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Zee2.png

Been trying to go for more realism in the skin - Still needs a lot of experimenting. The problem I have with "Hyper Realism" is that there is too much detail. Thew less seen, the more subtle a few things are, often provides more visible stimulating results. But, that is purely my opinion. Now, enough of the mini rant. Deuces.

M0rD0l

Jun 18, 2017
Hit a milestone on my deviantart page and decided to make some renders to commemorate it. These are some of my favorite ones from the set. They do look a little rough still. Hope you enjoy!

*Also, big thanks to M0rD0l for the tip on caustics. Wasn't able to incorporate it into my renders until around last week, but figured it would be appropriate because of the pool setting.
Oh, it's cool that I was able to help someone with my advice! :) Good job! (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: DD3DD and 0ier 3D

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I just ran into a problem where the characters fingernails were a dark brown colour. After much searching, I found a solution and thought I would share it in case anyone else runs into this.

First, this is the problem...
Hand before.png

Go to Surfaces tab -> CharacterName -> Surfaces -> Fingernails.
When there, scroll down to Translucency Weight (or search for Translucency Weight in search box)
Lower the Translucency Weight until it looks good (this varies, 0.25 worked for me the last time I did it)

You can also copy fingernail from other characters to fix it, but this method preserves the character's original materials.

This was the setting before I changed it...
Translucency Weight before.jpg

I lowered that to 0.25...
Translucency Weight after.jpg

And this was the result...
Hand after.png

Much better. I see this every once in a while and thought I would share my solution.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
That's my first ever character, I just started learning daz on saturday. The lightning seems to be pertty hard to learn properly tho, but I saw how important it is. I would really appreciate some hints like tutorials on youtube or such if anyone has any :)
Lighting can make, or break, a scene. Many AVNs really let their product down as they just flood a scene with lights so it looks flat, and uninspiring. I think one of the best AVNs out there, for lighting alone, is "City of Broken Dreamers" Followed closely by Ocean's rework of Summer's Gone. Regardless, not the thread to debate this. Still, the point is those games really strike at the heart of how to light a scene. Often is the case that less is more.

Anyway if you want to learn theory. I would strongly advise looking up Blender tutorials (Just for the theory part, of course.) - There are some real industry professionals giving their insights. So a lot of the stuff is transferable. Personally I am a sucker for well crafted three point lighting get ups.

Reactions: Rokohn and 0ier 3D
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes