3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

JohnDoeMars

Jul 24, 2021
Hi there,
a general question to u all who create this incredible artwork.
How long it takes you on average to fully make a picture u post here?
I know it has to be variable but I'd like to get an idea.
I have some experience on Photoshop and I know working on an existing picture can already be long but I don't know about the app ur using such as Daz 3D. Btw why Daz 3D and not another app?
Tx, congrats to u all and tx for sharing (y):love:

Vollezar

Gingers are love. Gingers are life.
Game Developer
Aug 14, 2020
Hi there,
I have some experience on Photoshop and I know working on an existing picture can already be long but I don't know about the app ur using such as Daz 3D. Btw why Daz 3D and not another app?
Depending on what I am setting up in the picture it usually takes 30 minutes to 3 hours for the setup. And another 1-2 hours to render if I am doing it in 4K. And a few minutes in Photoshop to do the post-edit.
I use Daz3D because that's what I know. But I do plan on learning Blender. And maybe other apps that help with 3D modelling. We'll see.

May 29, 2018
Hi there,
Hi...For me and the for the skills i currently have...Daz gives me "control" on every aspect of creation and free assets to use (thank you kind uploaders). I find it the best when it comes on Human models and your freedom to interact with them, specially on sex art...Any other app will either cost you or you'll have to create "everything from scratch"...the time factor is the same as in everything...it depends on your rendering method and machine and your organizational skills on the library you keep and the pre-work you did on the subject (ex. Ready Subset Scenes, Presets etc).Photoshop is great also for post-work or the creation of unique textures to mention the least. Ai can be also used but i don't prefer it at the moment...All in all...it was the human models and the multitude of free assets that made me choose this app!!!

May 29, 2018
Reactions: Evil13

UncleAi

Apr 24, 2022
Hi there,
Set the scene cost about 20 min to 1 hour. Decided by how many works need to be done manually. If using environment product + pose product + hair and clothes without dforce + prosaic lighting you can make a scene in like 3 min.

My GPU is RTX 3090. Rendering 1080P cost about 5 min to 20 min. Rendering 4K cost about 20 min to 2 hour. A scene without enough light (like in night) will significantly increase time and you still can't a ideal result.

Reactions: JohnDoeMars

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hi there,
For me personally, I take a lot of time with the set up, but just like a CAD Engineer I reuse setups that I like. Once I set up a scene, sans models, then I don't really have to set it up again. Setting up means lights, fixtures, cameras, environments and usually overall hue. That usually takes a few hours and many iterations until I am happy with the environment.

The models are placed then posed. I tend to use pre-defined packaged poses. But unless you are dealing with same proportioned Genesis 3/8 almost all poses need tweaking. If you don't do that, and you can easily spot the people that don't, you will have fingertips or hair that poke through skin or clothing, models that appear to be floating in the air, feet with semi-rigid shoes that are bent in ways that are physically not possible, etc.

Render times vary greatly. Usually all less than one hour, with many less than 30 minutes (all my renders are done in 5K then resized for F95). There are some asset heavy sets, such as DM's Lorus Bath, that have spanned multiple hours. For context I am using an undervolted RTX 3090 (non - TI, that is why it is undervolted)

Every image is post processed using Lightroom, I tried Photoshop, Luminar 4 and others but always come back to Lightroom. Since I use that in my photography I know how it works. Usual post processing takes about 10 minutes from app startup to shutdown. Processing only includes a subject mask then slight increases in exposure, contrast, saturation. Finally export with the signature in the bottom right corner and done. The post processing is done to make the model 'pop' in the render. For me, there is little worse than a great model in a beautiful environment and a completely flat looking image. I am not talking about high-key vs low-key, I mean just let there be visual differences between subject and background.

Why DAZ, you ask? Because the app is free, there are large communities where you can get help and there are tons of people that follow Internet Rule 34. BTW, there is also a large pirate contingent with sites like the one you are on here.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Hi there,
Creating the character - 5 hours (from morphs to skin - I try not to use base skin materials from other assets, I edit them if I use them)

If I use a scene it is a matter of 20 minutes or so to add that.

Then I have it all set and ready then I export to Blender. I have a AMD graphics card so rendering in Daz would be a nightmare. Plus, in Blender, I don't need to render in a higher resolution to only down size (super sampling). Blender uses its own super sampling method whilst rendering. So I can render out a scene in 15-40 minutes depending on the complexity.

I usually spend 20-60 minutes on lighting.

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
DUNGEON MASTER: "After many hours of lonely travel through the vast forests of Eldendore, you come upon a wayward Elf. She looks you up and down, as if to judge your worth. Finally, she speaks."

Elf: "These woods hold many dangers, friend. You look like you know how to handle your weapon well. Perhaps we should party together...for safety of course. What say you?"

DUNGEON MASTER: "Do you accept the elf's invitation, warrior?"

Looking for a party to join.jpg

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi there,
It takes a little time. Really depends. Some may not take long.
I usually try to create my own pose and expression. So this will take more time.
Render can take time as well. It really depends on the asset though.
I am not doing any post work. Everything is done within DAZ.

If you have an idea, it's easier to do because you already know what you want to do.
It's mostly learning by doing mistakes.

My image took me about 2 hours.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes