3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi there,
a general question to u all who create this incredible artwork.
How long it takes you on average to fully make a picture u post here?
I know it has to be variable but I'd like to get an idea.
I have some experience on Photoshop and I know working on an existing picture can already be long but I don't know about the app ur using such as Daz 3D. Btw why Daz 3D and not another app?
Tx, congrats to u all and tx for sharing (y):love:
It takes a little time. Really depends. Some may not take long.
I usually try to create my own pose and expression. So this will take more time.
Render can take time as well. It really depends on the asset though.
I am not doing any post work. Everything is done within DAZ.

If you have an idea, it's easier to do because you already know what you want to do.
It's mostly learning by doing mistakes.

My image took me about 2 hours.

Reactions: JohnDoeMars

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Been going through my Genesis 8 morphs... what a pain that is. One of them is causing problems with the left eye closing properly. I just removed ALL of them and am slowly replacing them to see which causes the problem. Been wanting to get rid of a lot of them anyhow as I tend to use the default dials and controls.

Loading in scenes I created then reading the error message on what is missing to determine what needs to stay, but also noticed certain character assets do something wrong and attach themselves like a virus to EVERY Genesis 8 scene you make! One character I removed today that I noticed attached itself to all my scenes or scene subsets was "Analeine for G8F". I have since purged her totally from my system. If you have her, know that if you share any Genesis 8 female scene subset (or scene), anyone else that loads it will get a missing file error referencing Analeine, even though you don't use her. To remove her, I loaded the original ZIP file up and looked at what it installed and went through my files and removed them again.

I think it will also speed loading times up as with each morph, DAZ needs to load them all in when you load in a scene so... be careful how many morphs you install.

The Genesis 8 female morphs are all found inside "My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs" (just to save you time looking).

Reactions: Namco15 and Shivawn

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Been going through my Genesis 8 morphs... what a pain that is. One of them is causing problems with the left eye closing properly. I just removed ALL of them and am slowly replacing them to see which causes the problem. Been wanting to get rid of a lot of them anyhow as I tend to use the default dials and controls.

Loading in scenes I created then reading the error message on what is missing to determine what needs to stay, but also noticed certain character assets do something wrong and attach themselves like a virus to EVERY Genesis 8 scene you make! One character I removed today that I noticed attached itself to all my scenes or scene subsets was "Analeine for G8F". I have since purged her totally from my system. If you have her, know that if you share any Genesis 8 female scene subset (or scene), anyone else that loads it will get a missing file error referencing Analeine, even though you don't use her. To remove her, I loaded the original ZIP file up and looked at what it installed and went through my files and removed them again.

I think it will also speed loading times up as with each morph, DAZ needs to load them all in when you load in a scene so... be careful how many morphs you install.

The Genesis 8 female morphs are all found inside "My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs" (just to save you time looking).
I have mentioned this phenomenon on several occasions in the past in various threads. I call them parasitic morphs. In my search, most of the VOOTW Characters have these, many of the Zeddicuss one-click pose packs also (Drunk and Hungover is a very well known example). I did the same thing to a new asset library, and it does speed up load times a bit. Putting your library on an empty, or nearly empty, SSD helps too. Don't forget to move the database to SSD also.

One thing you can check, if you must have the offending morph loaded is to check to see if "auto_follow" is set 'true'. and change it to 'false' or remove the line entirely. That usually helps, but it is not 100% effective.

You may already know that .dsf files are plain text unless compacted, then they are are only zipped up. As far as I know only .dse files cannot be decrypted, a .dsa file is a text version of the .dse file (same format, no encryption).

DAZ will naturally slow down even without errors as you morph library grows. But the errors cause DAZ to look for the morphs at least twice, and also write the result in the log file! All of that slows the process. It is tedious to investigate and remediate all the errors, but it does pay some benefits on larger asset libraries.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes