3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

HawkyDawky

Mar 18, 2019
DUNGEON MASTER: "After many hours of lonely travel through the vast forests of Eldendore, you come upon a wayward Elf. She looks you up and down, as if to judge your worth. Finally, she speaks."

Elf: "These woods hold many dangers, friend. You look like you know how to handle your weapon well. Perhaps we should party together...for safety of course. What say you?"

DUNGEON MASTER: "Do you accept the elf's invitation, warrior?"

View attachment 2595222
ohhh ! I love this style ! (y)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I have mentioned this phenomenon on several occasions in the past in various threads. I call them parasitic morphs. In my search, most of the VOOTW Characters have these, many of the Zeddicuss one-click pose packs also (Drunk and Hungover is a very well known example). I did the same thing to a new asset library, and it does speed up load times a bit. Putting your library on an empty, or nearly empty, SSD helps too. Don't forget to move the database to SSD also.

One thing you can check, if you must have the offending morph loaded is to check to see if "auto_follow" is set 'true'. and change it to 'false' or remove the line entirely. That usually helps, but it is not 100% effective.

You may already know that .dsf files are plain text unless compacted, then they are are only zipped up. As far as I know only .dse files cannot be decrypted, a .dsa file is a text version of the .dse file (same format, no encryption).

DAZ will naturally slow down even without errors as you morph library grows. But the errors cause DAZ to look for the morphs at least twice, and also write the result in the log file! All of that slows the process. It is tedious to investigate and remediate all the errors, but it does pay some benefits on larger asset libraries.
Yeah, I have actually corrected a few errors with characters and such just by opening up the DSA text version and editing it (often a double // or something simple in the pathname).

I've been wanting to reduce my morphs as I never really use outside posing or expression morphs like I did when I started. I now do all my own poses and expressions, usually saving the ones I like for later use. I've gotten more proficient at posing and expressions now. I find too many of them just a lot of useless clutter and only duplicating what you can already do once you know how.

I deleted ALL except what was in t he Daz 3D folder inside morphs and then added in a couple that I did use. So far, everything working fine though I went from 134 folders down to 6. Hehe... I'll probably still need to re-add in a few, but I figure I'll do that as the need arises. I just copied the original folders to another drive for now.

I can finally close my Genesis 8 Female eyes again normally! I used to think that was a flaw with the Genesis 8 character which caused me to stick with Genesis 3 for the longest time. I also learned to click the gear icon for something like "Close Eyes" and select the Preferences and inside that it will tell you what it loads at the bottom. It still takes some searching as it doesn't make it easy to find WHERE they load from but...

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Just completed my Heather (G3F) asset from Being a DIK. I actually had her more of less complete a while back, but just didn't properly save my settings etc. She's one of my favourites. Just too bad she isn't a LI...

Heather (G3F) - Centerfold.png

Note: I posted the assets and scene subset in the BeingADIK Fan Art thread.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes